STrib: NFL scouting reports on Gophers in the NFL draft

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Top Gophers draft prospects

Comments, projections from NFLDraftScout.com analyst Dane Brugler:

CB Jalen Myrick

“What you really like about Myrick when you watch him on film is he’s dialed in. I mean, he is a tough competitor. There’s no worries about him falling asleep at the wheel.”

Projection: fourth or fifth round

S Damarius Travis

“I don’t necessarily think he has the cover athleticism or the range that you want, but he’s a very reliable run defender, very high batting average coming downhill in run support.”

Projection: sixth round

QB Mitch Leidner

“You don’t see a lot of NFL-style reads on his tape, so with that little feel for a passing game, I think it’s kind of a long shot to see him drafted. He’s more of a practice-squad type of player that a team will try to groom.”

Projection: Undrafted free agent (UDFA)

OT Jonah Pirsig

“He’s quick off the snap and he does a good job cutting off the corner, to cut off speed. But he has a very lean lower body and he plays tall, which I guess you would expect from a 6-8 tackle.”

Projection: UDFA

WR Drew Wolitarsky

“I really like the way he locates the ball downfield efficiently, turns his hips, adjusts, extends catches the ball. He’s very tough and has decent size, athleticism.”

Projection: UDFA

http://www.startribune.com/nfl-scouting-reports-on-gophers-in-the-nfl-draft/420555913/

Go Gophers!!

Weird, I was told we didn't lose anyone of importance off last years team. Yet at this time next year, this list might not have anyone on it.

Weird, I was told we didn't lose anyone of importance off last years team. Yet at this time next year, this list might not have anyone on it.

Not sure what you're talking about but the Gophers have 5 receivers more talented than Corey Davis on the roster for next year.

If Woli makes this year's list I am willing to bet we will have someone on next year's list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom