Sparty

swingman

Reaction score
http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ns-football-dantonio-denies-report/100865068/

SpartanNation.com reported defensive end Robert Bowers and cornerback Vayante Copeland “were no longer with the program.”

Dantonio issued a tweet less than 20 minutes after the initial story: “The most recent report that V. Copeland and R. Bowers have been thrown off the team are (sic) inaccurate and has no validity. #RedLocked”

The term “red-locked” refers to a statement Dantonio made during the Big Ten spring football teleconference earlier this month when asked if anyone who participated in the Spartans’ spring game was no longer with the team.

“Well, we red-lock people from time to time. We use the term red-lock for various things,” Dantonio said on April 12.

Both Bowers and Copeland played in the April 1 scrimmage.

Dantonio dismissed Auston Robertson on Friday after the freshman defensive end was charged with third-degree criminal sexual conduct for an alleged April 8 incident. Three other unnamed players also are suspended from football activities but are still students while their involvement in an alleged sexual assault on Jan. 16 remains under review by the Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office.

Linebacker Jon Reschke announced he was leaving the program on Feb. 24 for making “an insensitive and totally regrettable comment involving a former teammate.” Offensive lineman Thiyo Lukusa told the Free Press in early February that he did not return to MSU for his second semester.

There were 15 players on the Spartans’ 71-player roster who did not dress for the spring game.

Wait until your EOAA investigation Sparty...you're not done yet!

Man, that program seems to have run off the rails pretty quickly after riding high for most of the Dantonio era.

Last year was a huge falling for Sparty. I really don't see a resurgence this fall. We get them at home and I predicted a win as part of a 7-0 run. I like Dantino as a coach, but right now he has a firestorm in East Lansing.

Last year was a huge falling for Sparty. I really don't see a resurgence this fall. We get them at home and I predicted a win as part of a 7-0 run. I like Dantino as a coach, but right now he has a firestorm in East Lansing.

#7-0Run

They could continue to collapse and we roll them at home.

On the other hand that's a staff and team that has done more recently than our team / staff, could also go the other way.

Will be interesting to see how the MSU EOAA handles these issues. Anyone know whether the President of MSU is involved or supportive of the athletic program?

Will be interesting to see how the MSU EOAA handles these issues. Anyone know whether the President of MSU is involved or supportive of the athletic program?

Considering the players are suspended and being kicked from the team, it might be irrelevant.

If the team tosses a dude, it's not like it matters what their local Title IX group does as far as football goes.

Considering the players are suspended and being kicked from the team, it might be irrelevant.

If the team tosses a dude, it's not like it matters what their local Title IX group does as far as football goes.

Suspended might not mean anything. How long are you suspended for? One day, two months etc? Kicked off is another story though.

Top Bottom