Drone video of new Gopher football practice facility

AirVuz

Reaction score
Here's a drone video we took of the Athletes Village on the U of M campus, including the new football practice facility. Thanks to the Gophers for having us out!

I'm looking forward to getting a better look at the facilities this weekend when I go to the baseball game.

The baseball field looks just perfect! They sure do keep good care of that facility!

That was pretty cool--thanks for posting. I can't wait til the facility is finished and it's a nicer time of year visually-speaking for another drone video that can be used for recruiting.

When are the new facilities supposed to be complete? I was thinking it was sometime around January 2018, but I cannot recall for sure.

When are the new facilities supposed to be complete? I was thinking it was sometime around January 2018, but I cannot recall for sure.

You would be correct. They should really hit the ground running with the 2019 class.

I think you meant 2018 not 2019. Super Bowl folks want to use it.

The 2018 class should probably be close to settled by the time of the ribbon cutting with the way we are recruiting. We probably won't have many 18 kids in to visit in January because of that and the staff will probably be out trying to keep guys committed for the most part that month. Plus NSD for the 2018 class is a couple days after the Super Bowl so by then the staff should be settled in and shifting focus to 2019. Soon after is when the unofficials will start so that's why I was thinking 19.

I thought it was grass still. Dont i feel like an idiot!

Don't sweat it. It's not just you.

V0u0S54.gif

Glad you guys enjoyed the video! We'd love to get back out there again and fly around the facilities when they're closer to completion.

Top Bottom