Pat Fitzgerald gets a new contract. Next 10 seasons at Northwestern.

I honestly don't think Fitzgerald will ever leave Northwestern and it would probably take an off the field scandal for him to get fired. With the success he has had at a really tough place to win you have to assume there have been plenty of offers, but it just feels like he is really happy where he is at and doesn't seem to have any desire to start over somewhere else.

Huge mistake. These are times for changing the culture and exciting the millennials.

Good for him. They are lucky to have him and are smart enough to realize it.

Huge mistake. These are times for changing the culture and exciting the millennials.

He's built a winning culture there (not at the tOSU level but good) and will be surprised if Minny beats them with returning QB and RB.

Fitz is currently beating Fleck on the recruiting trail by two spots per 247 and one per Rivals. Maybe underneath his veneer of cheerfulness he's seething about it like Patrick Bateman envying his rival's business card.

Fitz is currently beating Fleck on the recruiting trail by two spots per 247 and one per Rivals. Maybe underneath his veneer of cheerfulness he's seething about it like Patrick Bateman envying his rival's business card.

Eggshell with Romalian type?

We actually are beating NW on the recruiting front if you factor in total quality of recruit. Just thought I would throw that in for the folks that discount our national ranking.

Good for jNW, though, they found a coach with the perfect combination of competence and lack of desire for career advancement.

We actually are beating NW on the recruiting front if you factor in total quality of recruit. Just thought I would throw that in for the folks that discount our national ranking.

Good for jNW, though, they found a coach with the perfect combination of competence and lack of desire for career advancement.

I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean average stars or rating there are probably 20+ teams currently ranked behind us with higher average stars/ratings.

I thought of the Bateman business card scene because it alludes to 80's era obsession with status, even if the differences in ranks/ cards are minuscule. Are people really going to be disappointed if we finish at 26 instead of top 25? I'd bet on it.

As far as career advancement he's reached a pinnacle - an icon at his alma mater and he's overachieved. Pretty awesome.

I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean average stars or rating there are probably 20+ teams currently ranked behind us with higher average stars/ratings.

I think GopherHomer was just making a general comment about our average star ranking compared to NU. Not the other 20 teams you were referring too. Everyone knows it is only April. Shoot Alabama is 39th. One spot behind 38th SMU.

Who wants to see Fleck wrestle Fitz for the ball? I'd pay to see that.

Lack of desire for advancement? What does that even mean? 99.9% of us would kill for the job Fitzgerald has, let alone at his alma mater, let alone in the Big Ten.

If I coached, and was head coach at Minnesota, I wouldn't willingly leave unless there was a huge pay disparity offered. I probably still wouldn't, unless Minnesota was really jobbing me on the pay.

That said, good for Fitz, and good for NW.

Lack of desire for advancement? What does that even mean? 99.9% of us would kill for the job Fitzgerald has, let alone at his alma mater, let alone in the Big Ten.

How about Fitz is in his dream job.

A lack of desire for advancement is more along these lines
783af3a944ad479520b387ba941870cd.jpg

Pat seems like a good guy. He'd likely never leave but I would have been happy had he come here.

They do have to replace All Big Ten WR Carr (90 catches for 1,247 yards) and #3 WR Scanlan (29 catches - 331 yards).
All Big Ten LB Anthony Walker left as a junior and is expected to be a round 3 or 4 guy.
All Big DL Odenigbo is a possible NFL edge rusher/maybe a late round pick.
Need a new right tackle. Need a K and LS.
Projected starting cornerback Williams tore his achilles in April.

drew Penn State, MSU and Maryland in cross division (Maryland road). Go to Lincoln, to Madison.

Fitz was aggressive and went out and got two grad transfers, a WR from Oregon and an OT from GaTech.

Fleck with Grimm and Rosen on KFAN show before Spring game gave respect to Northwestern (along with Iowa and WI) for stability and established cultures with expectations. Said Nebraska has that tradition with high expectations as well. Said that he has a ton of respect for Kill and thinks Kill was building that here, had it on that right track. Fleck wants to be on that track to sustain and build. Talked about long tenure of Alvarez, Ferentz, Fitzgerald. Think he wants to be that kind of guy. Talked about ten years from now or twenty years from now covering TCF in oars.

Top Bottom