Gopherhole's Sports Huddle Recap: Coach P.J. Fleck - 4/23/2017

Sorry I missed an 'o'.

I'd rather miss that than the simple concept that a team (WMU) who had 4-6 starters on offense in 2016 that will be drafted by the NFL the next two years, had more talent than an offense (MN) who will have 1 or 2 at most drafted into the NFL.

No big deal on the "o". I wasn't really ripping on you, honestly found it amusing in the context of what you said.

As for the talent debate - My name is Paul, and that's between y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed an 'o'.

I'd rather miss that than the simple concept that a team (WMU) who had 4-6 starters on offense in 2016 that will be drafted by the NFL the next two years, had more talent than an offense (MN) who will have 1 or 2 at most drafted into the NFL.

You are clearly missing more than a letter.

So now it's only offensive players drafted by the NFL that you are using to measure/compare talent? Can't wait for the next qualifier. Again, your position completely discounts Fleck and staff's ability to develop players.

You are clearly missing more than a letter.

So now it's only offensive players drafted by the NFL that you are using to measure/compare talent? Can't wait for the next qualifier. Again, your position completely discounts Fleck and staff's ability to develop players.

I've said offense the entire thread. Learn how to read.

Hissssss wreowww!!!... No, bad kitties!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed an 'o'.

How can you be so sure? Smith, brooks, Lingen, Greene, Still, Johnson have enough talent to possibly get drafted but that remains to be seen the next couple years. Perhaps some of the other linemen.

Their offense was better because better scheme, better development, better passer. I'm excited to see how we do this season and into the future. It's very possible we could have many draftees.

How can you be so sure? Smith, brooks, Lingen, Greene, Still, Johnson have enough talent to possibly get drafted but that remains to be seen the next couple years. Perhaps some of the other linemen.

Their offense was better because better scheme, better development, better passer. I'm excited to see how we do this season and into the future. It's very possible we could have many draftees.

2 years ago I thought Lingen would be for sure, but he's not healthy. He has the best chance if he can recover and have a big year. But right now that's a big if.
Smith has the second best chance, but he's small and lacks the top end speed for a NFL RB. Same for Brooks. Tough runners, but not that fast.
We've had better lineman than Greene not get drafted and I have a hard time seeing Greene change that. Would be awesome if he could.
Still has a long ways to go. He was the clear 2nd option last year and struggled to get open. He's also 6'4"-6'5" and didn't have a TD. No I don't think that's all Mitch's fault.
Of any of the WR's that Fleck inherits, I have the most hope he can develop Johnson. But he and Still have the same problems a lot of our WRs have had. They're just not that fast either. 4.6-4.7 40 yard dash speed. That's why they struggle to separate.
For whatever reason, Corey Davis was an under the radar recruit, but at the end of the day he's 6'3" with good hands and runs in the 4.4 range. We don't currently have a WR with that ability.

Western Michigan had Davis, Moton who will likely be drafted tonight, and Zach Terrell who will either be a late round pick or a UDFA. Next year Chukwuma Okorafor is projected as one of the best tackles, Jarvion Franklin could be a mid to late round pick. John Keenoy could also be another future lineman who's taken.
Any of these guys would likely be upgrades over what the Gophers had/have. Franklin would be the one toss up.

2 years ago I thought Lingen would be for sure, but he's not healthy. He has the best chance if he can recover and have a big year. But right now that's a big if.
Smith has the second best chance, but he's small and lacks the top end speed for a NFL RB. Same for Brooks. Tough runners, but not that fast.
We've had better lineman than Greene not get drafted and I have a hard time seeing Greene change that. Would be awesome if he could.
Still has a long ways to go. He was the clear 2nd option last year and struggled to get open. He's also 6'4"-6'5" and didn't have a TD. No I don't think that's all Mitch's fault.
Of any of the WR's that Fleck inherits, I have the most hope he can develop Johnson. But he and Still have the same problems a lot of our WRs have had. They're just not that fast either. 4.6-4.7 40 yard dash speed. That's why they struggle to separate.
For whatever reason, Corey Davis was an under the radar recruit, but at the end of the day he's 6'3" with good hands and runs in the 4.4 range. We don't currently have a WR with that ability.

Western Michigan had Davis, Moton who will likely be drafted tonight, and Zach Terrell who will either be a late round pick or a UDFA. Next year Chukwuma Okorafor is projected as one of the best tackles, Jarvion Franklin could be a mid to late round pick. John Keenoy could also be another future lineman who's taken.
Any of these guys would likely be upgrades over what the Gophers had/have. Franklin would be the one toss up.

You heard it here first guys, none of our guys will get drafted.

Top Bottom