Which Gophers wll be taken in the draft?

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
Draft time is close at hand and it’s time to predict which Gophers will be selected in the 2017 NFL draft. Early mocks have Jalen Myrick going in the 6th round and Jonah Pirsig in the 7th (to the Vikings no less). Damarius Travis looks to be a signed free agent.

Make your predictions and I understand the person with the most accurate forecast will get a free kick at Bret Bielema’s (foot) balls.

Good Luck!!

Myrick, 5th round - I think some team will take a chance on his speed

Pirsig, 7th round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draft time is close at hand and it’s time to predict which Gophers will be selected in the 2017 NFL draft. Early mocks have Jalen Myrick going in the 6th round and Jonah Pirsig in the 7th (to the Vikings no less). Damarius Travis looks to be a signed free agent.

Make your predictions and I understand the person with the most accurate forecast will get a free kick at Bret Bielema’s (foot) balls.

Good Luck!!

Myrick will go way earlier between round 3-5. I'll say round 4. I think Travis and Pirsig could both be drafted. Someone will sign Leidner as a free agent because rosters will be at 90 but he wont make the cut down to 53. Outside chance Hendrick Ekpe could be a free agent signing but is less likely.

I'll say Myrick - Round 4
Travis - Round 7
Pirsig - Round 7
Leidner - Free Agent signing.

Week one of season Myrick on a roster. Travis and Pirsig are either on active rosters or practice squads.

All season long I would have said Damarius Travis was gonna be a mid-round pick. But there are people who get paid a lot of money to scout these guys and say he won't be drafted at all...whatever

I saw a mock draft on Twitter yesterday that had Myrick in the 2nd to Dallas. Hope so, he's a great young man.

All season long I would have said Damarius Travis was gonna be a mid-round pick. But there are people who get paid a lot of money to scout these guys and say he won't be drafted at all...whatever

I agree I think he has to get drafted. He is too talented. Of course as a Gophers fan I'm probably biased. :)
Still I can't see every team passing on him in the draft. Experts might get paid but they don't make the picks.

I saw a mock draft on Twitter yesterday that had Myrick in the 2nd to Dallas. Hope so, he's a great young man.

I think I saw the same one yesterday. After he ran at the combine there were a lot of mocks that said 2-3 round.

Myrick was on the PA show the other day. A couple highlights of the segment...PA was touting Myrick as a 1st round pick (obviously he won't be, but this is a common thing PA does, he's just a positive guy), and asked where Myrick thought he'd be going, Myrick said he expects to go between rounds 2 and 4.

PA asked if he's getting any vibes from the Vikings..."Do you think the Vikings have any interest in you?"...response...an emphatic "oh! I know they are interested in me!"

Myrick was talking about his 40 time. Told a bunch of friends and family he was going to run a 4.2, and they kind of dismissed him and he told them "watch me." He ran a 4.28.

Said he wants to play an the outside, but realistically see's himself as the slot CB.

Said a lot of the teams working him out were running punt and kickoff return drills with him.

Leidner was on that day too, but I missed the segment.

Be nice!

Myrick will go way earlier between round 3-5. I'll say round 4. I think Travis and Pirsig could both be drafted. Someone will sign Leidner as a free agent because rosters will be at 90 but he wont make the cut down to 53. Outside chance Hendrick Ekpe could be a free agent signing but is less likely.

I'll say Myrick - Round 4
Travis - Round 7
Pirsig - Round 7
Leidner - Free Agent signing.

Week one of season Myrick on a roster. Travis and Pirsig are either on active rosters or practice squads.

It would be nice if four Gophers get drafted. Probably fantasy but it is possible.

I'm guessing Myrick in the 4th round and Travis in the 7th.

Pirsig and Leinder get a shot somewhere as Free Agents as, I hope, will Lynn and Wolitarski.

Myrick and Travis. Maybe Pirsig. Leidner is probably better off in free agency. Wool and the Ekpe brothers probably end up on camp rosters.

I'm guessing Myrick in the 4th round and Travis in the 7th.

Pirsig and Leinder get a shot somewhere as Free Agents as, I hope, will Lynn and Wolitarski.

Almost forgot about Wolitarski. I'm pretty positive he will get a chance as an UDFA.

In a very poor pass friendly offense, he accounted for 40% of Leidners passing yards, and 5 of Leidner's 8 air touchdowns...Basically, Drew was the offensive passing game for the Gophers. I would say that I hope he gets his chance, but I am almost certain that he will.

People that are dismissing Pirsig ignore the fact that this draft is noticeably short of quality offensive linemen and many teams have glaring needs. On the flip side the draft is deep in the defensive backfield so that works against Travis to a degree for Travis, it'll be a case of fit with a defensive system and projection as a special teams player.

Leidner would have been drafted last year. He should have went out after his Junior year. Who would have thought that?

Almost forgot about Wolitarski. I'm pretty positive he will get a chance as an UDFA.

Absolutely. All it takes is for one team to like a player and then sign him and give him a chance. Most people didn't think Isaac Fruechte was going to get a shot in the NFL but the Vikings signed him and this fall will be his 3rd season.

Top Bottom