Yahoo: 18 Alcorn State football players arrested in connection with brawl (Video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Yahoo:

Things apparently got way out of hand on the campus of Alcorn State University last week.

According to The Clarion-Ledger, a whopping 18 Alcorn football players have been arrested this week in connection with a lunchroom brawl that took place on April 10. Many of the arrests — 11 of 18 — were made on Wednesday, with seven additional ones coming Thursday.

The following players, per The Clarion-Ledger, were arrested Wednesday: sophomore defensive back Lei’shaun Ealey, sophomore defensive back Deago Sama, freshman defensive back Taurence Wilson, freshman defensive back Javen Morrison, junior defensive back Daniel Franklin, sophomore linebacker Terry Whittington, sophomore linebacker Trae Ferrell, freshman defensive lineman Kwanzi Jackson, sophomore defensive back Quintin Smith, junior defensive end Michael Brooks and junior defensive back Jalen Thomas.

And on Thursday freshman wide receiver True Gibson, junior defensive end Ramonte Bell, junior wide receiver Marquis Warford, running back Arron Baker, defensive lineman Sterling Shippy and junior defensive lineman Randall Tucker were all taken into custody along with Cornelle Gilmore, who is not listed on the team website but was identified as a football player by police.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/18-alc...rrested-connection-brawl-video-223203632.html

Go Gophers!!

per Yahoo:

Things apparently got way out of hand on the campus of Alcorn State University last week.

According to The Clarion-Ledger, a whopping 18 Alcorn football players have been arrested this week in connection with a lunchroom brawl that took place on April 10. Many of the arrests — 11 of 18 — were made on Wednesday, with seven additional ones coming Thursday.

The following players, per The Clarion-Ledger, were arrested Wednesday: sophomore defensive back Lei’shaun Ealey, sophomore defensive back Deago Sama, freshman defensive back Taurence Wilson, freshman defensive back Javen Morrison, junior defensive back Daniel Franklin, sophomore linebacker Terry Whittington, sophomore linebacker Trae Ferrell, freshman defensive lineman Kwanzi Jackson, sophomore defensive back Quintin Smith, junior defensive end Michael Brooks and junior defensive back Jalen Thomas.

And on Thursday freshman wide receiver True Gibson, junior defensive end Ramonte Bell, junior wide receiver Marquis Warford, running back Arron Baker, defensive lineman Sterling Shippy and junior defensive lineman Randall Tucker were all taken into custody along with Cornelle Gilmore, who is not listed on the team website but was identified as a football player by police.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/18-alc...rrested-connection-brawl-video-223203632.html

Go Gophers!!
Sad to see. Jake Reed , and my Grandfather can't be happy.I guess we know who will be the punished on behalf of UNC.

What's the Jake Reed connection?

My bad. I thought Jake went to the same school that Steve McNair went to. Was looking for more of a local angle. Forgot that Jake went to Grambling(Louisiana) Not Alcorn State (Mississippi).

My bad. I thought Jake went to the same school that Steve McNair went to. Was looking for more of a local angle. Forgot that Jake went to Grambling(Louisiana) Not Alcorn State (Mississippi).

Leslie Frazier was an Alcorn guy.

Was everyone involved in the football team? Seems like a strange team building exercise.

Ok, how come there is a cow mooing throughout the fight?

I guess the alcorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
Ugh...I hate myself now.
Not sure how to take that. Since I assume the best of everyone, I assume you were just making a joke about Alcorn by using word play with the Alcorn name.

"From the tiny alcorn, the mighty oaf did grow..."

"[Unregistered User's Avatar Unregistered User Unregistered User is online now
Wild animal with a keyboard
Quote Originally Posted by STPGopher View Post
...and my Grandfather can't be happy.

I guess the alcorn doesn't fall far from the tree.
Ugh...I hate myself now."

Maybe, maybe not if you look at the quote. Could also be a shot at my late Grandfather? Rather than assume a negative, I will assume a positive. In regards to the story, still sad. At one time school provided opportunities to many that were denied the same opportunities elsewhere.

I hope this wasn't really filmed at Fogo...

Not sure how to take that. Since I assume the best of everyone, I assume you were just making a joke about Alcorn by using word play with the Alcorn name.

Yup...that's why I didn't capitalize Alcorn in that horrible pun. I was going to not include your grandfather, but then it would have lost impact.

Yup...that's why I didn't capitalize Alcorn in that horrible pun. I was going to not include your grandfather, but then it would have lost impact.

In that case, I would have punted, but that is just me. Not worth splitting hairs over. Again, I don't really care if someone takes a shot at me, but I hope we can keep relatives out in the future. Like most everyone else, I looked up to my Grandfather.

Recent gopher Damien Wilson started his college career there.
I think old Viking Ike Holt went there too.

My guess is someone commented on how great Trump is. Seems to be the primary source of anger these days.

The U would have cancelled the spring game here-at a minimum-if the Gophers had 18-20 kids arrested in an on-campus brawl. Love the quote from the Alcorn coach:
Coach Fred McNair addressed the media for the first time since the arrests, and said he planned to let the process play out before he made any decisions about potential penalties for the players involved.

“Anybody who has been a football player or a student on campus knows things like that happen,” ASU coach Fred McNair said. “It’s no problem. We’re going to handle that. The University did a great job putting out a statement on it. So we’re just going to take it and wait until they get done with their process.”

Evidently it's not a huge deal there to engage in assaults because, you know, things like that happen on campus...

The U would have cancelled the spring game here-at a minimum-if the Gophers had 18-20 kids arrested in an on-campus brawl. Love the quote from the Alcorn coach:
Coach Fred McNair addressed the media for the first time since the arrests, and said he planned to let the process play out before he made any decisions about potential penalties for the players involved.

“Anybody who has been a football player or a student on campus knows things like that happen,” ASU coach Fred McNair said. “It’s no problem. We’re going to handle that. The University did a great job putting out a statement on it. So we’re just going to take it and wait until they get done with their process.”

Evidently it's not a huge deal there to engage in assaults because, you know, things like that happen on campus...

Perhaps he is more like Coach J. Robinson without two "large" market newspapers and several tv stations following each transgression. Stating the obvious, we will also have to let it play out to see how it is handled. Unless there is legal action we still may never know. The players in question may pay hell in practice, and be in the doghouse indefinitely (old school in house punishment).

Top Bottom