If PJ stayed at WMU, what record?

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Interesting to think about. Instead of Illinois and Northwestern they start with USC and Michigan State. WMU had a special season after leading off with an inspiring win vs a streaky Northwestern. Zach Terrell and Corey Davis moving on. WMU still has a talented roster relative to the MAC. PJ really had an opportunity to shine, had he not left Kalamazoo. The world will never know.

No chance he would of beat USC. It probably would of been a good game against MSU however. Maybe a chance to make the playoffs if they run the table next year.

15-0. Its PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Tony Dungy was the coach of the Gophers, what would WMU record be?

If Tony Dungy was the coach of the Gophers, what would WMU record be?

Tony Dungy would never coach at WMU. His dream job would be here. If only the admin would have asked.....

Tony Dungy would never coach at WMU. His dream job would be here. If only the admin would have asked.....

Reading comprehension not your thing? You should re-read what you quoted.

If PJ had stayed at WMU, what record with the Gophers have?

I think PJ timed his exit beautifully as WMU may struggle a bit more this year. I suspect when Bill Connelly's preview comes on we will be projected at 7 wins this season, perhaps 6.5. I think that happens with or without Fleck here. The actual outcome is obviously unknowable for a host of reasons.

If Jerry Kill went to WMU... how quickly would Herman be able to turn around Texas?

If Claeys was still the coach, my guess on our record. . . 8-4.

If Fleck was still at WMU. . . I'd guess WMU would lose 2-3 games, probably win the MAC again.

If Jerry Kill didn't go to Rutgers, how many times do we #RUTM this season?

Easy, 75%. I thought I saw on BTN Laviano transferred and the next guy tore his ACL. When Jerry doesn't trust his QB we all know the outcome.

If PJ had stayed at WMU, what record with the Gophers have?

I think the Gophers projection for next year would be about the same no matter who was in charge. If we have a QB and healthy O-Line we should be pretty good, if we don't we could really struggle.

Where I think Fleck can help is down the line because we are already seeing on the recruiting trail that he is in general getting early verbals from players that are a step up on paper from what we were getting under Kill/Claeys. More talent combined with a coach that seems to know what he is doing is what this program has needed for a while.

Mason could coach but recruiting wasn't a strong suit
Brewster could recruit but offensive/defensive systems mystified him
Kill could coach and find under the radar guys but couldn't really compete with the big boys in recruiting
Claeys could coach but I think recruiting would have been a big struggle for him.
Fleck - Recruiting returns seem promising but everything is still TBD with him.

Man if both were 15-0, we would have seen a WMU-Gophers National Championship game. Sounds like one of my old EA sports dynasties.

Top Bottom