Hormel is a sponsor of Gophers athletics correct?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
How come we do not have a Hormel row of fame sponsorship with Hormel, the hot dog giveaways, and the row in the stadium on the Big board.
I used to like the jingle at the Twins games, and seeing that on the Big board even though I was never lucky enough to sit in a seat and get a free hot dog.
We have Case IH, this, and Weather sponsored by that, why no Hot dog row the boat of fame?

Someone needs to get on this PJ Flecks Hormel, Row the boat dog of fame in game promos each game. Fans get a hot dog and we get the promo of the coach
saying Row the Boat and SKI-U-MAH Hormel.

How come we do not have a Hormel row of fame sponsorship with Hormel, the hot dog giveaways, and the row in the stadium on the Big board.
I used to like the jingle at the Twins games, and seeing that on the Big board even though I was never lucky enough to sit in a seat and get a free hot dog.
We have Case IH, this, and Weather sponsored by that, why no Hot dog row the boat of fame?

Someone needs to get on this PJ Flecks Hormel, Row the boat dog of fame in game promos each game. Fans get a hot dog and we get the promo of the coach

Pretty sure we haven't played a game yet with Fleck as HC, so...

Gopher athletics has a marketing department. Might be a good place for you to start...

http://www.gophersports.com/marketing/

I always thought of that song and such associated with the Twins.

They have a hot dog giveaway at basketball games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey used to have a thing with one of the mid-western sausage companies where one lucky fan would win a year's supply of sausage.

There are many major corporations right here in Minnesota that could be doing more with us if they so choose.

Why does this thread show up as Spam on my computer?

Why does this thread show up as Spam on my computer?

Spam...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/anwy2MPT5RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember the Hormel Row of Fame at Twins games.

I also remember the Armour Hot Dogs radio jingle with the baseball players who couldn't sing. Anyone else remember that?
:cool02:

I was hoping for something specific from one of our sponsors, Wolf Brand Chili. You know, besides the diarrhea.

FTR - I am anti-diarrhea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll throw an idea out there.

The Gophers are a better product than anything Hormel makes.

If you buy one of their packaged pork tenderloins it comes out like some sort of freakish gooey sea-worm form the depths.... kinda tastes like one too.

Hey, I like Spam. Not kidding - my old man used to make fried Spam for breakfast. he was in the Navy in WWII, and I guess they ate a lot of Spam.

When I was a kid, I used to think it was fun to roll up the lid with that little key thing they used to have.

Of course, if I read the list of ingredients, I would probably never touch the stuff again.......

Hey, I like Spam. Not kidding - my old man used to make fried Spam for breakfast. he was in the Navy in WWII, and I guess they ate a lot of Spam.

When I was a kid, I used to think it was fun to roll up the lid with that little key thing they used to have.

Of course, if I read the list of ingredients, I would probably never touch the stuff again.......

So, you got a problem with some good old meat-by-products? Hey, it smells like pork when you fry it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considered a delicacy in Hawaii and some spots in Asia, like Korea.

My grandpa served in the Navy in Hawaii at the tail end of WWII. You're correct on them eating lots of Spam. And it's still a staple in the diet of many Hawaiians. My grandpa didn't eat a lot of Spam after the war. Not because he was tired of it, but he found an alternative called "Treet" that was a nickle cheaper per can.

My grandpa served in the Navy in Hawaii at the tail end of WWII. You're correct on them eating lots of Spam. And it's still a staple in the diet of many Hawaiians. My grandpa didn't eat a lot of Spam after the war. Not because he was tired of it, but he found an alternative called "Treet" that was a nickle cheaper per can.

Love this story. Reminds me of my Grandpa who also served in the Navy in Hawaii during WWII. I recall a pretty similar story from him. :clap:

Hormel chili was a staple when I was a student. When you look at the fat content and sodium in it , not the best thing to put in your system. Use to also chow down on Dinty Moore beef stew.
Another killer to the old ticker.

https://youtu.be/Qjfo0vffMu0

I worked for the Twins for 3 seasons in the early "90's which means I heard this damn song 243 times. Years of therapy to get it out of my head have now been erased due to this thread. Thanks a lot. ;)

I worked for the Twins for 3 seasons in the early "90's which means I heard this damn song 243 times. Years of therapy to get it out of my head have now been erased due to this thread. Thanks a lot. ;)

Now that you are at the game
Are you in the Hormel Row of Fame?
If you are in a lucky seat
You'll win a Hormel hot dog treat!

Great for lunch, great for dinner
you will be a wiener winner!
In the HOR mel Row of Fame!

Funnily, growing up if you met someone from Austin, they pronounced it something like "Hormle", just like east siders who worked at 3M said they worked "at the Mining".

Years ago I'm working late at night.

I'm on a conference call at around 3 AM.

We're making small talk while there is a pause in the action. One woman on the conference call finds out I'm in the Twin Cities.

She says she grew up here years ago and remembers her father (who died recently) always took her to Twins games. She then sang the Hormel Hall of fame song from memory. Everyone thought it was awesome.

this just came to mind: in the movie 'Waterworld," (yes, I am one of the people who actually watched it......) the villain, played by Dennis Hopper, lives with a number of followers on the Exxon Valdez. At one point, to reward the crew, Hopper throws out cans that are clearly supposed to be Spam - but, I assume they couldn't get the rights to use the name, so the cans are labeled "Smeat." Just one of many aspects of that movie that I found to be unintentionally hilarious.

Years ago I'm working late at night.

I'm on a conference call at around 3 AM.

We're making small talk while there is a pause in the action. One woman on the conference call finds out I'm in the Twin Cities.

She says she grew up here years ago and remembers her father (who died recently) always took her to Twins games. She then sang the Hormel Hall of fame song from memory. Everyone thought it was awesome.

If I wasn't married, I'd ask for her number. She's a good one.

this just came to mind: in the movie 'Waterworld," (yes, I am one of the people who actually watched it......) the villain, played by Dennis Hopper, lives with a number of followers on the Exxon Valdez. At one point, to reward the crew, Hopper throws out cans that are clearly supposed to be Spam - but, I assume they couldn't get the rights to use the name, so the cans are labeled "Smeat." Just one of many aspects of that movie that I found to be unintentionally hilarious.

All that money on that horrible movie... and they couldn't afford to rope in Spam....

Top Bottom