Hormel is a sponsor of Gophers athletics correct?

Love this story. Reminds me of my Grandpa who also served in the Navy in Hawaii during WWII. I recall a pretty similar story from him. :clap:

How soon we forget that Grandparents that were adults during WWII survived the depression. My Grandmother used to hide small amounts of money all over the house. After hearing stories of food rations and daily fishing, and or raising chickens(yard birds) to get more meat, I'm guessing our Grandparents really did value every nickel.

Back to Spam. Pretty funny that Spam would be a delicacy on an Island state that can get fresh seafood in minutes.

Hormel chili was a staple when I was a student. When you look at the fat content and sodium in it , not the best thing to put in your system. Use to also chow down on Dinty Moore beef stew.
Another killer to the old ticker.

Ha! How true. Funny what you'll eat when you are a student. Admittedly it is a big(?) step up from Ramen noodles.

I remember the Hormel Row of Fame at Twins games.

I also remember the Armour Hot Dogs radio jingle with the baseball players who couldn't sing. Anyone else remember that?
:cool02:

No longer airing, of course.

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs.
What kinds of kids love Armour hot dogs?
Fat kids
skinny kids
kids who climb on rocks
tough kids
sissy kids
even kids with chicken pox!
love hot dogs
Armour hot dogs
the dogs kids love to bite.

No longer airing, of course.

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs.
What kinds of kids love Armour hot dogs?
Fat kids
skinny kids
kids who climb on rocks
tough kids
sissy kids
even kids with chicken pox!
love hot dogs
Armour hot dogs
the dogs kids love to bite.

I forgot those lyrics. Yeah, that would not fly now.

Now that you are at the game
Are you in the Hormel Row of Fame?
If you are in a lucky seat
You'll win a Hormel hot dog treat!

Great for lunch, great for dinner
you will be a wiener winner!
In the HOR mel Row of Fame!

Funnily, growing up if you met someone from Austin, they pronounced it something like "Hormle", just like east siders who worked at 3M said they worked "at the Mining".
Spoken like a "true" 3M'er. Also heard Mother Mining, Meetings, Meetings, and More Meetings, I am sure I am missing a few. Saint Paulites can add to this.

I am against getting diarrhea

I was hoping for something specific from one of our sponsors, Wolf Brand Chili. You know, besides the diarrhea.

Tried Wolf brand chili at the stadium from a truck. Dislike, didn't get the trottsky's but I didn't feel well after trying the chili either.

I'm no marketing guy but thought it would be funny if they played the Hormel song and it was "You could be a weiner winner" and the scoreboard was showing Bucky or Herky, definitely a couple of lowlife weiners.

Now that you are at the game
Are you in the Hormel Row of Fame?
If you are in a lucky seat
You'll win a Hormel hot dog treat!

Great for lunch, great for dinner
you will be a wiener winner!
In the HOR mel Row of Fame!

Funnily, growing up if you met someone from Austin, they pronounced it something like "Hormle", just like east siders who worked at 3M said they worked "at the Mining".

correct because that's how the family pronounce their name.

This is their pronunciation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow4_ZkW8Ct8

N6qZpmw.gif

Top Bottom