CBS Radio: P.J. Fleck: You Either Like Me, Or You Don’t

I'm ambivalent on him at this point. I like his energy but I don't like his seeming belief that energy is the solution to all that ails us. Plenty of intense, thoughtful, introverted people make great coaches and players and analysts.

I like his communication skills but think much of his fleckxicon is new-agey self-help and overthought. If it helps one person then that's great. But, most of it is stated in more traditional manner by most coaches. Fleck makes himself an easy target but he's keepin it real. Don't care for the culture references as it's easy to misinterpret. Just say what you mean man.

I think he has an admirable resume even if his team at WMU might have had a bit of an outlier year. I'd like to see more of a body of work.

I like his recruits, I like his offense. Were bringing in some really good players and we should be pretty stoked about that.

PJ Fleck's public persona is similar to a late night spokesperson on a info commercial! I can see why young people would love him and he's right, not everybody likes that personality. The problem with many of us we have been through Brewster and his shenanigans. So it's going to take some time before I am fully on board with his personality. Just win baby!

If Brewster had won here, the Rose Bowl turf would be a sacred relic. I don't mind Fleck's salesmanship. If he wins, it's just some lovable quirks. If it was up to me, I'd have preferred promoting Ski-U-Mah over Row the Boat. But it isn't up to me, so I'm aboard the boat with Fleck.

I don't think Brewster was sleazy.... probably just in wayyyyy over his head here.

WMU fans wanted him to leave huh? Bold. The only time they've ever been relevant and they wanted him gone. Yep totally buy that 100%! No way are they just bitter about him leaving :rolleyes:

Top Bottom