Shama: U is now over $100MM for fundraising for $166MM athletes village

IIRC it was at 70-75 when Teague stumbled out of town, and reports had it around 90 or so Pre-Fleck but that's questionable. It fundraising has gone over 100 that's a nice jump for one (tumultuous year) and stands to reason PJ will be able to build some bridges over the next few years.

A season similar to last year, with a good recruiting class, followed by another tournament appearance by the basketball team should make for some excitement. I wouldn't be surprised to see use get up to the 125/130 million range by the end of Spring 2018. It'll probably be another year or two after that before we can make a big push for smaller donations to finish fundraising.

Our football team winning 9 games and our basketball team finishing welll in B1G rankings and making the tourney probably helped more than Fleck.

Funny how a few years ago there was a blogger saying it would never get built and here we are six months away from completion.

Norwood Teague says there are some big contributions coming soon.

Seriously, at most schools, a winning FB team really seems to drive donations. I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but I know there was a study a few years ago that found a direct correlation between a winning FB team and increased alumni donations. I don't want to re-ignite the debate over last year's 9* win season, but Fleck has brought a lot of attention to the program. If the Gophers have a solid year, I would not be surprised to see a bump in donations.

Coyle - or whoever is leading the fundraising - can play up Fleck and Pitino, and the angle of the two major programs (FB and men's BB) being on the rise. If Gopher Hockey could make a run in the NCAA tournament, they could potentially have the top 3 men's revenue producers all trending up. That has to help with generating donations.

IIRC it was at 70-75 when Teague stumbled out of town, and reports had it around 90 or so Pre-Fleck but that's questionable. It fundraising has gone over 100 that's a nice jump for one (tumultuous year) and stands to reason PJ will be able to build some bridges over the next few years.

I recall those figures as well.

Seriously, at most schools, a winning FB team really seems to drive donations. I don't have the numbers right in front of me, but I know there was a study a few years ago that found a direct correlation between a winning FB team and increased alumni donations. I don't want to re-ignite the debate over last year's 9* win season, but Fleck has brought a lot of attention to the program. If the Gophers have a solid year, I would not be surprised to see a bump in donations.

Coyle - or whoever is leading the fundraising - can play up Fleck and Pitino, and the angle of the two major programs (FB and men's BB) being on the rise. If Gopher Hockey could make a run in the NCAA tournament, they could potentially have the top 3 men's revenue producers all trending up. That has to help with generating donations.

Look no further than what Bucky did. Donations exploded.

What was it at prior to PJ coming to town?

We'll see, it WAS seven fitty, but the guy that promised it wasn't trying to give it up, so we sent a monster to go collect the seven fitty. He has yet to be successful... or was it tree fiddy? I think it was tree fiddy. This is a south park reference btw guys. You won't get it unless you watch the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the asterisk to remind us that you're an a-hole? Because it worked. Thanks.

Is the asterisk to remind us that you're an a-hole? Because it worked. Thanks.

A bit harsh, really. The 9* win mark has a well established meaning on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom