Will Any Current Commits Get Bumped up to 4 stars?

If he only cared about the rankings when recruiting players, that kid from Perham wouldn't have been offered a scholarship.

No one said that. Only caring about the rankings and knowing what the rankings are constitute two completely different things.

This is the most worthless thing for a Gopher fan to ever be concerned with.

It is not worth a minute of your time to spend a minute following stars or rankings.

The coach and staff have no idea how these guys are ranked and could care less about the rankings.

These ramkings are based on 40 times, strength numbers, heights, weights and film.

We are recruiting based on the how of a young man. We want the heart. We want the unconquerable will. We want the spirit. We want the soul. We want the drive. We are recruiting young people that their life – not just football, but their life – is incredibly important to them.

Show me a ranking system that figures in GPAs/ACTs/Community Service/Belief in something bigger than themselves/Desire.

Show me a ranking system that gives stars based on how important a person's life is to them, and then it would have relevance to a Gopher fan and be worth caring about.

Show me a top 25 poll that ignored class rankings.

I was curious what a Scout rating would look like if they took into account their positional rankings for players with same star rating...and this is what I came up with. Simple scale, 3.0 being lowest 3 star, 3.99 being highest.

Scout Positional/Star Rating Hybrid
3.96 - Teague
3.93 - Armstrong
3.93 - Manns
3.91 - Henderson
3.85 - Sapp III
3.82 - Smith
3.66 - Beier
3.61 - Okonji
3.60 - Uzebu
3.51 - Richter
3.27 - Edmonds

3.76 - Gibson

this staff cares more about fit, culture and otherwise. also, comparing to who offers is better than stars.

Fleck can talk about the top 15 class, and say look at all the good players coming to join the 'Minnesota Movement', and use that to sell more top recruits.

It has to work on selling A top recruit before it helps to sell to more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated original post with ESPN's rating of Manns and Gibson. Both given highest 3 star rating.

Can we somehow get all our croots unrated?

Because that would make it easier to keep other schools away to some extent I expect....

Top Bottom