Former Fla Gator star Aaron Hernandez found dead after hanging in prison cell

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction and just days ago was acquitted of double murder, died after hanging himself in his prison cell early Wednesday, Massachusetts prisons officials said.

Guards found Hernandez unresponsive in his cell at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley just after 3 a.m., Department of Correction spokesman Christopher Fallon said in a statement.

The former New England Patriots tight end was pronounced dead at UMass Memorial-HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster about an hour later. He was 27.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum security state prison. He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window, Fallon said.

Hernandez tried to block the cell door from the inside by jamming the door with various items, Fallon said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...aron-hernandez-found-dead-hanging-prison-cell

Go Gophers!!

At least he died doing something he loved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is amazing that he is only 27. He played in the league for a while and has been in jail for a while. Would have thought him to be mid-30s. Same age as MarQueis Gray

Classless post

He killed a man and was serving life in prison as a result. Excuse me if I don't hold him in high regard, before or after his suicide.

Off topic board?

(I know, I know... don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it)

Off topic board?

(I know, I know... don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it)

don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it

don't click on the thread if you don't want to read it

It's not that easy. I hate the blue notification Tapatalk gives me when there are posts I haven't read yet in a thread. I'm all about getting rid of that damn blue box.

per CBS:

As for the suicide notes, it's unclear why Hernandez left three of them. However, one report has suggested that they were targeted for three different people. According to Newsweek, Hernandez left one note for his fiancée, one note for his 4-year-old daughter and one note for his prison boyfriend.

According to the Newsweek story, which you can read here, Hernandez was also possibly romantically involved with a male friend before being sent to jail. Newsweek also reports that Odin Lloyd's knowledge of "an intimate relationship [Hernandez] allegedly had with a male former high school classmate" was central to the investigation of Lloyd's June 2013 murder. Although Hernandez was convicted of killing Lloyd -- and later sentenced to life in prison for his actions -- police were never able to establish a true motive for the crime.

Newsweek added that Hernandez "moved a large amount of money into three accounts shortly before his arrest for the Lloyd killing: one account was for his fiancée; a second was for his daughter; the third, where the most money was moved, was for that friend."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...dez-left-multiple-suicide-notes-in-jail-cell/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom