Penn State Loses Thomas and Spann

I remember Spann destroyed the Gophers in a game (I believe) two seasons ago.

Yes, Spann did destroy the Gophers. I was surprised that Washington relegated Spann to the bench most of last year. With that in mind, I'm not surprised that Spann decided to forego her final year of eligibility. Anyone else surprised that our Gophers haven't lost any transfers? After the year they had last year with the helter skelter player rotation, I thought that at least a few transfers were inevitable. Seems like the BIG has lost so many players this off-season. I wonder if the BIG has a disproportionate number of transfers? Seems like it. If so, I wonder if that's a reflection of the mediocre coaching in BIG women's basketball?

I remember Spann destroyed the Gophers in a game (I believe) two seasons ago.

Spann had 30 points and was 7-11 from three. The Gophers still won. As Tripledouble pointed out, for some reason Spann fell out of favor with Washington during last season. That does seem to happen with Coquese from time to time. Spann can still do the grad transfer this season.

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/womens-basketball/article153254289.html

Spann joins South Carolina.

Former Penn State guard Lindsey Spann has officially transferred to South Carolina, the Gamecocks announced Monday.

Lady Lions coach Coquese Washington announced last month that Spann did not plan to return to the program. Spann, a graduate transfer in her final season of eligibility, will be able to play for South Carolina immediately.

Top Bottom