Fargo native Johannesson, a Gopher transfer, turns in strong performance during UND

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per WDAZ:

University of North Dakota running back James Johannesson hasn't played a down of college football yet, but the Minnesota Gophers transfer knows how to star in a Spring Game.

Johannesson, who had 130 rushing yards and a touchdown in Minnesota's 2016 Spring Game, turned in another big performance Friday, April 14, in front of an estimated 1,000 fans at UND's Spring Game at the High Performance Center.

Johannesson had 11 carries for 54 yards to lead the Fighting Hawks offense that went through roughly 40 plays. Those numbers also came against a run defense that led the Big Sky Conference in 2016.

http://www.wdaz.com/sports/football...-transfer-turns-strong-performance-during-und

Go Gophers!!

Despite that the cupboard was full, sorry we lost this one. He would seem a natural for NDSU rather than ND.

I really liked him when he was a recruit and I thought he would be a good back. He looked so good last spring game! I think if he could have had a chance he would have performed. Best of luck to him, seemed like a good kid.

He's really great in spring games. Spring games mean practically nothing. Good luck to him.

I hope he runs roughshod over NDSU.

I think we'll miss a lot of guys from last year. Pirsig, Moore, Wolitarsky, the Ekpes, etc etc.

A 5th string RB isn't on the list...

Dude is elite in spring games.

I think we'll miss a lot of guys from last year. Pirsig, Moore, Wolitarsky, the Ekpes, etc etc.

A 5th string RB isn't on the list...

I don't think anyone implied we would be missing him.

This felt more like a "wishing a former Gopher luck" thread.

all 600 people at their indoor tool shed really enjoyed watching JJ run good vs a big fluffy defense (its basically all run & shoot in that conference)

NDSU didn't want him, don't know why gopher fans would even care,

all 600 people at their indoor tool shed really enjoyed watching JJ run good vs a big fluffy defense (its basically all run & shoot in that conference)

Don't know why you're on this board either. Get lost.

He's going to be really good. He made a good choice for himself, as the U is pretty deep at RB. He's going to step in at UND right away, and be the guy, and run people over from game 1...he didnt really have that opportunity here.

I see you still have sour grapes for his picking the U over NDSU in the first place.

This entire thread is just Gopher fans wishing a former Gopher luck at his next stop.

No one cares that he didn't go to NDSU. We can barely tell the difference. All we know about those schools is that if you did really bad in HS and still wanted to go to "college", they were an option. I also think one of them is the Jackrabbits.

Wait? What? IIRC Many NDSU fans were Po'd that he didn't go to NDSU. Also IIRC NDSU recruited him and offered? Wasn't he the #1 Recruit in N.D his senior year? If so, I'd say they wanted him at one time.

Looks like some Bisonville fans think he could have come to NDSU and dominated.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36860-2017-Recruiting-Updates/page59

JJ is an all around great kid. Wish nothing but the best for him. Personally I wish it worked out with Gophers because I think he has a lot of talent and I wanted to watch him play in person. Gophers are already full of talent at RB so that was not going to happen. UND is a great move for JJ because he will get playing time.

As far as dominating the spring games in my mind that is JJ taking advantage of opportunities. UND is lucky to have him.

Did he already know who the new coach was when he decided to transfer. I don't know if Fleck would have tried to talk him into staying and trying another position. I couldn't remember if he did this immediately when the season was done or after Fleck was hired.

Did he already know who the new coach was when he decided to transfer. I don't know if Fleck would have tried to talk him into staying and trying another position. I couldn't remember if he did this immediately when the season was done or after Fleck was hired.

It was before the Holiday Bowl.

NDSU did want JJ, who is from Fargo, and offered him a full scholarship. He turned it down. You might not care but the Bison did. He is a talented running back. Why not go to the Fighting Hawks who made the postseason in football last year just like NDSU?

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. Your signature says the Bison are only five time national Champs? Wrong. I lived in Fargo-Moorhead my whole life up until last November and I can tell you the Bison have in fact won 13.

How can we trust anything you say to be true? You don't even know how many national titles your own football team has won!! :cool02:

I was really high on him. I don't know for sure but I think Fleck would have tried to talk him into playing another position. He just seemed like he was a good athlete. Just like everyone else I hope he does well.

I was high on him too and I still am. I was a little scared he was going to transfer last off season too. He is a freak athletically in my opinion. I think he will do very well in the next couple of years. Can't blame him for transferring. We are gonna play Smith and Brooks here. I agree that Fleck may have tried to move him to a different position. He is gonna start and play in Grand Forks that much is certain.

NDSU did want JJ, who is from Fargo, and offered him a full scholarship. He turned it down. You might not care but the Bison did. He is a talented running back. Why not go to the Fighting Hawks who made the postseason in football last year just like NDSU?

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about. Your signature says the Bison are only five time national Champs? Wrong. I lived in Fargo-Moorhead my whole life up until last November and I can tell you the Bison have in fact won 13.

How can we trust anything you say to be true? You don't even know how many national titles your own football team has won!! :cool02:

Reading NDSU-UND battles on this board is like reading fantasy football "expert picks".

I was really high on him. I don't know for sure but I think Fleck would have tried to talk him into playing another position. He just seemed like he was a good athlete. Just like everyone else I hope he does well.

I believe he only wants to play RB, Nebraska had interest at LB, but he didn't want to play LB...

This entire thread is just Gopher fans wishing a former Gopher luck at his next stop.

No one cares that he didn't go to NDSU. We can barely tell the difference. All we know about those schools is that if you did really bad in HS and still wanted to go to "college", they were an option. I also think one of them is the Jackrabbits.

Hey Bob, it's the one you lost to the last 2 times you played. You know, the one ol Jer refused to schedule cause he wanted Ws, until the commish said you should play better competition, and now you don't have to worry bout it. Maybe that helps your memory, cause you seem confused.

Hey Bob, it's the one you lost to the last 2 times you played. You know, the one ol Jer refused to schedule cause he wanted Ws, until the commish said you should play better competition, and now you don't have to worry bout it. Maybe that helps your memory, cause you seem confused.

Why do you keep coming here

I love how you beat two terrible gopher teams and assume we could never beat you

Top Bottom