Video: Highlights: Maroon Defeats Gold 42-40 in 2017 Gopher Football Spring Game

It was close, we almost didn't pull this one out. Thank goodness for those two muffed punts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was close, we almost didn't pull this one out. Thank goodness for those two muffed punts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the punt returns by the students was hilarious and fun for everyone to watch.

I thought those were Woli highlights from last year.

Yeah, it was really funny to see that. It does sort of illustrate how difficult the job is. We need an elite PR.

Two thoughts:

I liked that it looked like a game. With Kill, it was completely a practice and the guys even had their should pad straps out etc.

For spring, please use uniforms with names on the back.

Yeah, it was really funny to see that. It does sort of illustrate how difficult the job is. We need an elite PR.

I still expect trained, scholarship athletes to be able to do it nearly 100% of the time. The fact that a couple drunks muffed the punts doesn't really make me have any sympathy for people not able to do their job. It was funny, though -and it got us on SportsCenter which is never a bad thing. At least kids may find out that we play football in Minnesota.

I agree with you, but after the Craig James experiment and Woli last year it seems a good PR doesn't grow on trees. The best one we've had in recent years was Barker.

I still expect trained, scholarship athletes to be able to do it nearly 100% of the time. The fact that a couple drunks muffed the punts doesn't really make me have any sympathy for people not able to do their job. It was funny, though -and it got us on SportsCenter which is never a bad thing. At least kids may find out that we play football in Minnesota.

+1

Gosh this gave me a pretty good laugh. :clap: :clap:

I agree with you, but after the Craig James experiment and Woli last year it seems a good PR doesn't grow on trees. The best one we've had in recent years was Barker.

They have a really valuable teacher and alum right here in town. They should probably ask really nicely if he can help.

Returning punts is crazy hard. You have to be able to focus on catching the ball knowing you are going to get hit hard the moment the ball gets to you most of the time. Returning kickoffs is something most players should be able to do because you have time to setup and catch the ball knowing you won't be hit right away but punts are an entirely different animal.

They have a really valuable teacher and alum right here in town. They should probably ask really nicely if he can help.

I'm not sure if you're referring to Sherels or tongue in cheek to my boy AJ. That boy had skills...and scrambled eggs for brains. Still, does he have any eligibility? Fleck is a player's coach...

Returning punts is crazy hard. You have to be able to focus on catching the ball knowing you are going to get hit hard the moment the ball gets to you most of the time. Returning kickoffs is something most players should be able to do because you have time to setup and catch the ball knowing you won't be hit right away but punts are an entirely different animal.

Crazy hard yet I'd say D1 football players are successful at it what like 90-95 percent of the time?

I'm not sure if you're referring to Sherels or tongue in cheek to my boy AJ. That boy had skills...and scrambled eggs for brains. Still, does he have any eligibility? Fleck is a player's coach...

I meant Sherels. He's an elite punt returner.

I don't doubt its' difficulty. Sports are hard - hitting an 85-90 MPH pitch it very difficult...I just expect that guys that are being paid thousands of dollars (scholarship) to perform a unique skill should be able to get it done. I don't have the physical size or speed, but if I did and you told me that I could make more money than humanly imaginable (Sherels) if I could could field a punt you better believe I could figure that **** out in about 6 weeks. By the very nature of its difficulty, it is an easy way to provide for about your next 3 generations. A nice loophole in our messed up society.

I don't have the physical size or speed, but if I did and you told me that I could make more money than humanly imaginable (Sherels) if I could could field a punt you better believe I could figure that **** out in about 6 weeks.

Sherels doesn't make more money than humanly possible. He's one of the lower paid players in the league.

Top Bottom