Oyenmwen Uzebu commits!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He looks like a solid player, he's a high three star with solid offers another Georgia kid, they're building quite the legacy here.

WOW! Congrats to Oyenmwen! Kudos to his HS team mate Nolan Edmonds who committed earlier. The Georgia locomotive is alive and well!

PJF is a closer like no other we've seen. Hopefully, the new rule on early official visits will get us up to the next tier recruiting level.

Offensive lineman...

Offers from Maryland and West Virginia.

http://247sports.com/Player/Oyenmwen-Uzebu-91075

I was surprised to see he was "only" listed as the 42nd best prospect in the state of Georgia...until I looked and saw that Georgia alone has 31 four and five star recruits. Wow. I knew the south was deep in talent, but that is a lot for a state not named Texas or Florida.

I was surprised to see he was "only" listed as the 42nd best prospect in the state of Georgia...until I looked and saw that Georgia alone has 31 four and five star recruits. Wow. I knew the south was deep in talent, but that is a lot for a state not named Texas or Florida.

Georgia is easily the fourth most loaded state after the big three. With that said, OU was a consensus top 500 recruit but his offers don't match his ranking. Not sure what the deal is there but I'm a bit cautious with this one but excited nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big are the guys with him? He's 6'6", 305 and he's the smallest one in the photo.

per Joe:

The Gophers moved into the top 10 nationally with their 2018 recruiting class in the 247Sports composite rankings Saturday, when Junior Uzebu, an offensive tackle from Alpharetta, Ga., gave them a verbal commitment.

The 6-6, 288-pound Uzebu also had reported offers from Maryland and West Virginia, among others. He is the Gophers' 10th commitment in this class and announced his decision following the spring game, leading Fleck to jump into his arms.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...op-10-with-junior-uzebu-commitment/419552893/

Go Gophers!!

How big are the guys with him? He's 6'6", 305 and he's the smallest one in the photo.

If this is Junior Uzebe, that's gotta be Uzebe Sr & older brother, I imagine? That family can't have normal suspension on the family car, can they?

eab1db245dbabafe398e7e634dffc281.jpg

FWIW, he's our highest ranked commit to date based on the 247 composite. Great to add a big OT to the class.

per Joe:

The Gophers moved into the top 10 nationally with their 2018 recruiting class in the 247Sports composite rankings Saturday, when Junior Uzebu, an offensive tackle from Alpharetta, Ga., gave them a verbal commitment.

The 6-6, 288-pound Uzebu also had reported offers from Maryland and West Virginia, among others. He is the Gophers' 10th commitment in this class and announced his decision following the spring game, leading Fleck to jump into his arms.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...op-10-with-junior-uzebu-commitment/419552893/

Go Gophers!!

Nice get. Not trying to be a bubble burster, but Gophs need several 4-stars to even have a chance at a top 40 class. There are a good 25 teams below Gophs who are perennial top 40 with recruiting classes. Most have 5 or less commits right now.

I will be very happy if Gophs end up mid 40s for 2018 class.

Nice get. Not trying to be a bubble burster, but Gophs need several 4-stars to even have a chance at a top 40 class. There are a good 25 teams below Gophs who are perennial top 40 with recruiting classes. Most have 5 or less commits right now.

Depends on how many players they sign.

Extremely unlikely, given class ranking history, and who is below Gophs right now.

Stop trying to predict 10 months in the future. No class is close to full including the Gophers.

Great to see another kid from GA, a state I've lived in a lot (besides MD and LA). Loads of high school football talent in and around Atlanta.

What are the chances of seeing Uzebu, Teague, Edmonds, and other commits being upgraded to 4-Stars before NSD in February 2018? Secondly, what are the chances that their commitments stick?

Stop trying to predict 10 months in the future. No class is close to full including the Gophers.

He's just being honest jb. Unless we get some 4* kids we're not going to end up in the top 30, even if we sign the max 28 kids. Personally I don't necessarily care as long as we keep getting highly regarded and recruited kids. Sure, getting into the top30 will get us some buzz, but getting results on the field will be more enticing to recruits.

Fleck will get it done. And by that I mean top 30ish, and continue to improve w on field results.

Not trying to be a bubble burster, but Gophs need several 4-stars to even have a chance at a top 40 class. There are a good 25 teams below Gophs who are perennial top 40 with recruiting classes. Most have 5 or less commits right now.

Even if Minnesota is only in the mid-40s for the Class of 2018, we're talking about a program that hasn't had a top-45 recruiting class since 2009.

Based on what I've seen, I'll be very surprised if several of our 3 stars aren't upgraded prior to signing.

The way I see it, this must be one of the highest rated set of recruits we've seen since the Brewster Era.

If PJF keeps up the momentum and starts winning, the four stars will come. It is a question of how soon.

IMHO, we will see the first four star commitment in this class before NSD in February 2018.

You are one a million JB. Words can't describe your ever shifting set of standards of how and when we can judge PJ on a wide variety of topics from recruiting to style to any future success he may or may not have. He is truly lucky to have someone like you in his life, always rushing to his defense, no matter how trivial the observation may be.

Top Bottom