***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS GOPHERS SPRING GAME THREAD!!!!***

If Croft isn't the starter I'll be shocked.

Tanner Morgan looks like the future (from what was on the field) at QB, but is year or so away. Croft seems to be in the lead. I don't like Croft's delivery, as it seems he's just tossing the ball and not throwing it. I'm afraid that will lead to a bunch of interceptions. Green's delivery does not look good, probably another year away. Femi-Cole deserves the #3 spot... McCrary can come in 4th. The Offensive line looked good, especially with limited numbers. Defense looks fast.

Dave Lee not elite. Guess the BTN regulars didn't want to work on Easter weekend.

Hard to draw many definitive conclusions based on a scrimmage and the defense playing second and third stringers.

But, some positive signs at QB. Morgan forcing the ball into good coverage as a true freshman isn't surprising and he'll be red shirting. He has nice zip, looks athletic for his diminutive size. Has promise.

After a rough start Rhoda and Green had nice days. Croft seemed much more in charge and decisive to my eye than 2 yrs ago which shouldn't surprise anyone.

The linemen look athletic and generally protected well. Vs the backups they protected all day. The starters on defense are going to be good. The backups/incoming freshmen development will be key.

Super stoked by the offensive philosophy change. Very excited for August.

Thanks to all of you for your posts, made me feel like I was there. I'm in Phoenix Slab, you don't know a hot sun :D

Femi-Cole looks awfully good for a 4th string running back. The future is bright there.

Who is ahead of him for 3?
Based on today's performance, I don't see how he isn't. His 2nd TD run was outstanding on how he read that IMO

Dave Lee not elite. Guess the BTN regulars didn't want to work on Easter weekend.

They're at OSU or Michigan- unless BTN is doing replays of those spring games while the Gophers were playing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the reports everyone.
Looking forward to watching it on BTN later.
How big of a crowd was there?

Hard to draw many definitive conclusions based on a scrimmage and the defense playing second and third stringers.

But, some positive signs at QB. Morgan forcing the ball into good coverage as a true freshman isn't surprising and he'll be red shirting. He has nice zip, looks athletic for his diminutive size. Has promise.

After a rough start Rhoda and Green had nice days. Croft seemed much more in charge and decisive to my eye than 2 yrs ago which shouldn't surprise anyone.

The linemen look athletic and generally protected well. Vs the backups they protected all day. The starters on defense are going to be good. The backups/incoming freshmen development will be key.

Super stoked by the offensive philosophy change. Very excited for August.

Thanks PE- could you elaborate on the offensive change? More inventive (not hard), zone blocking scheme, less RUTM??

Croft has looked good
Still looks good
Femi-Cole is#3 RB behind Brooks / Smith
Tanner Morgan.....intriguing option for future
Baking in sun (good problem)
Fleck's shoes are cool.

I would say it's a wash between Croft and Rhoda. Both had some nice throws...and some not so nice. Green and Tanner looked a little lost at times. Tanner looks much shorter than listed.

Still alligator armed a semi deep ball over the middle but looked good with limited opportunities. Needs to use that height and attack those types of throws.

Sun was awesome.

Liked Fleck's shoes but that RTB jacket he wore is maize, not gold, ick.

I'm sure Easter and weather prediction had a lot to do with turnout...especially for students.

Band was in Elite mid-season form.

If Croft isn't the starter I'll be shocked.

Way too limited views and play selection for me to make a call between him and Rhoda. Definitely between those two. Both had good reads/throws. I agree with the comment that Croft floats his throws more than Rhoda.

Who is ahead of him for 3?
Based on today's performance, I don't see how he isn't. His 2nd TD run was outstanding on how he read that IMO

McCrary. You have to take into account which defense was on the field for that TD. I thought McCrary looked very good...punishing runner. My choice for #3.

I thought Croft looked much better than anyone else, although he still floats the ball a little too much. Morgan had cannon, but accuracy wasn't there yet. Rhoda did not look good at all to me. So I think after spring, I'd guess it's 1. Croft, 2. Rhoda, 3. Green, 4. Morgan.

I couldn't make it. How was the crowd?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks PE- could you elaborate on the offensive change? More inventive (not hard), zone blocking scheme, less RUTM??

I saw a nice mix of RPO and I believe I saw a pin and pull in there somewhere with a pulling Olson and Dovich. Spread formations, RPO reads by QB put enormous stress on the defense. Ko Kieft looks like a really nice athlete and heir apparent at TE/H back after Lingen. All in all, balanced attack without going overboard one way or the other. I'm hopeful we won't see runs into stacked boxes. Ciarocca puts huge trust in the QBs. Nice development by Croft, some playmakers at WR in Still and Johnson and ?, beasts at RB. I just love Brooks so much. He and Smith are going to be a knockout punch in this offense.

Obviously, so much hinges on the offensive line getting healthy and a smart QB but very excited.

Morgan was the biggest surprise to me. He has really improved since early in the spring. Looked very confident and had nice pocket presence and agility. Still looked good on the long fade. Croft has greatly improved. Coughlin looks much stronger. Fem-Cole runs with authority and has nice footwork. Johnson had a nice pass play which wasn't completed but I hope they use it in big games.

A fan behind me told his wife he thinks Fleck has a better 40 time than the previous coach.

Good size crowd, extended all the way across the end zone. Band sounded great. Replays seemed to appear quicker than normal.l

Nicely played. Maybe 10K?

Seemed like a bigger crowd than last year right? Or was it just that we were all concentrated on the North side?

Seemed like the passing plays were quicker and shorter routes than the past but maybe I'm off on that.

Those five Oline guys must have been tired but they are getting lots of great reps.

The student punt returner in the striped overalls was good comedic relief.

My brother who opted out of our season tickets because he doesn't like PJ is in the minority. I think good times are ahead.

Top Bottom