STrib: Isaiah Washington and Jamir Harris shine at Jordan Classic (with video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Before they become teammates with the Gophers next season, senior guards Isaiah Washington and Jamir Harris faced off Friday in the Jordan Classic regional game in Washington D.C.

Washington had 20 points on 9-for-16 shooting from the field, 15 assists, two turnovers and two steals in 23 minutes in the Red team’s 170-162 victory against the Blue team. Harris finished with 20 points on 8-for-17 shooting, including 4-for-12 from three-point range, two steals and four turnovers in 19 minutes for the Blue squad.

The 6-foot-1, 160-pound Washington, the co-founder of the now popular “Jelly Fam” movement, wowed the Barclays Center crowd for the second straight week. He used a variety of slick dribble drives, spin moves and his trademark finger roll to draw cheers. He's destined to be a fan favorite at the Barn starting this fall. Dinkytown might turn into Jellytown by the time his career is over (sorry, couldn't resist:)

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...is-shine-at-jordan-classic-w-video/419501133/

Go Gophers!!

Are we sure this wasn't the pregame warmup? The defense from these guys looks like a layup line.

Even so, the kid has some "jelly" sweet moves and will be a great addition to the team next season.

Washington does look like he will be something special. But wow - no defense at all.

Without defense, everybody is a star.

They are re-playing the game on ESPNU today at 2:00pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm here outside Chicago and we had a AAU tournament yesterday. During one half time some kids were shooting around and I heard one kid do the Jelly and yell out 'Jelly Fam!' I guess Jelly's gone national

I'm sure most of his attempts were from pretty far back, NBA range, they always are.
Saw some highlights of the game. One of the 3's was well beyond the arc. At first, didn't even realize it was Jamir.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

They are re-playing the game on ESPNU today at 2:00pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's the regional game and not the national Jordan Brand game? Only the national game is available for replay on Watchespn.com

Except Harris. 4 of 12 from 3 isn't very good.

I would love it if Curry and Murphy would go 4 for 12 over the course of the big ten season instead of whatever they did shoot. (combined 7-40 after I looked it up)

33% is the percentage that Coffey hit for the season.

Are you sure it's the regional game and not the national Jordan Brand game? Only the national game is available for replay on Watchespn.com

My bad...it wasn't the Jelly game. Imagine my disappointment when I started watching the game and kept waiting for Isaiah and Jamir to come into the game. :(

Top Bottom