What do you hope to see at the Spring Game?

Stan

Reaction score
I hope there is a good crowd, lots of oars.

I want to see a few WRs separate themselves and really stand out as play makers.

I want to see Emmit Carpenter "kick" up where he left off.

I want to see the athletic trainers getting a leisurely day off after taping ankles.

I want to see Winfield Jr flying all over the place.

A real game. Something we never saw under Jerry & Tracy.

How many teams play what would qualify as "a real game"?

Not enough, and I'm sure we won't see one tomorrow. I wouldn't even be opposed to a real game minus kick offs, punting and two hand touch sacks, but the glorified scrimmage where we use half the field and don't keep score is lame.

Not enough, and I'm sure we won't see one tomorrow. I wouldn't even be opposed to a real game minus kick offs, punting and two hand touch sacks, but the glorified scrimmage where we use half the field and don't keep score is lame.

How does a team play a real game with 5 healthy offensive linemen?

That's a problem. Doesn't make it any less boring. Best way to make the day an event that people get excited for is to not make it a glorified open practice.

...a crowd at least the size of last year's Northwestern game.

Fan participation.

We'll all be on the sidelines with blown out knees after one play.... but hey... I practiced with the team!

Gopherhole vs coaching staff flag football game with johnnyboy as the QB.

I'd like to see how the QBs and the WRs perform. Are we going to see a true balanced attack?

Who does? My recollection is the closet any come is a simulated game like what we've seen in the recent past.

Who does? My recollection is the closet any come is a simulated game like what we've seen in the recent past.

Nebraska was the first team I checked and they are playing a live game this year. Handicapped special teams and QB protection, but everything else is live football.

Considering the number of OL and such.

I kinda wish they'd organized a football skills challenge, but with all the players mixed up. DL have to do the QB skills and such ;)

Maybe a game of horse over in the corner somewhere.

Badminton tournament.

MarioKart on the big screen.

Not paying close enough attention

A real game. Something we never saw under Jerry & Tracy.

not sure if that's a slam about ever? including regular season games or what you are saying? I only went to a couple of Jerry's spring games and they were much like games with kickoffs etc The one at St Thomas also had a good crowd. I thought we looked pretty good for a spring game, at the time.

Considering the number of OL and such.

I kinda wish they'd organized a football skills challenge, but with all the players mixed up. DL have to do the QB skills and such ;)

Maybe a game of horse over in the corner somewhere.

Badminton tournament.

MarioKart on the big screen.
That's what I'm talkin' bout! Turn this thing into an outdoor Twins fest. What could we call it....?

Oarfest?

Boatfest?

G-holefest?

[emoji41] [emoji6] [emoji8]

Nebraska was the first team I checked and they are playing a live game this year. Handicapped special teams and QB protection, but everything else is live football.

Guess I'm not tracking...that's what I recall Gophs doing in the past...

Gopherhole vs coaching staff flag football game with johnnyboy as the QB.

How about tackle instead...that would probably get a lot of GHers volunteering to play for the coaching staff team.

Guess I'm not tracking...that's what I recall Gophs doing in the past...

We don't split up into two teams. We scrimmage offense vs. defense on half the field and just sub people in and don't keep score because there aren't two teams.

It's no wonder nobody goes.

We don't split up into two teams. We scrimmage offense vs. defense on half the field and just sub people in and don't keep score because there aren't two teams.

It's no wonder nobody goes.

It'd be silly to choose teams like in the back yard. Part of practice is getting units, teammates comfortable and used to working with each other. Guys earn first and second team. I'd be surprised if anybody chooses teams as you propose. We did offense versus defense, 2 vs 1, 1 vs 2 etc and they did keep score in the past. The problem PJ has is there is no second offensive line unit to rotate in on change of possession. So you can't scrimmage and leave one unit to die, they are used to coming off the field when the opponent goes on offense.

not sure if that's a slam about ever? including regular season games or what you are saying? I only went to a couple of Jerry's spring games and they were much like games with kickoffs etc The one at St Thomas also had a good crowd. I thought we looked pretty good for a spring game, at the time.

St Thomas was during the Brewster era.

Top Bottom