Spring Game: Oars

I think you're a closeted homosexual Bob. I've never seen someone bring up guys being in love with a coach as much as you. It's not good to be a closeted gay lawyer you should get therapy.

So in one post you take a shot at Bob for being sexist, then in the next call him a homosexual in a derogatory way. You are a real asset to GH JB - sorry if I haven't told you that lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in one post you take a shot at Bob for being sexist, then in the next call him a homosexual in a derogatory way. You are a real asset to GH JB - sorry if I haven't told you that lately.

So are you, you really contribute a lot with every comment so good to have you here. You definitely don't start any pissing matches either. All is good in the Spoofin world.

I believe you. However, where does this stuff come from: "Yes, I know. His use of it is not about the U, it's about building his brand.". His dead son is a brand builder, REALLY? Go FYS.

RTB was initially about his son. Like it or don't, but it would be tough to argue that it hasn't morphed into something completely different. He isn't hanging RTB signs around the complex to remind the players of his personal tragedy. The players don't yell it as a tribute to PJ's lost son. Regardless of its roots (which are inspiring) , it is more PJ's brand than anything else at this point. That's fine - and also reality.

RTB was initially about his son. Like it or don't, but it would be tough to argue that it hasn't morphed into something completely different. He isn't hanging RTB signs around the complex to remind the players of his personal tragedy. The players don't yell it as a tribute to PJ's lost son. Regardless of its roots (which are inspiring) , it is more PJ's brand than anything else at this point. That's fine - and also reality.

Well said.

I agree. I'm actually surprised that the university is allowing him to use this inspirational slogan, which I do admire, as branding. It is all over the place -- marketing, apparel, social media, signage. And when PJF leaves, whether that's in 2 years or 20, he is taking it with him.

I'll give you all day to find a post of mine that places Fleck on a pedastal [sic] or degrades him in any way.

We know you don't like him. We know you think less of him because he chose to end an unhappy marriage. We know you don't believe he should be able to use the acronym FAMILY. We know you think of yourself as morally superior to him.

We also know that you are making incredible leaps to assume that he has not grieved "properly".

Avoidance? My father buried 60% of his sons and my mom before he passed. I've honestly lost count on how many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends I've lost over the years. I've grown up plenty, and you can go and **** yourself.
I don't assume. Re-read my first post. I suggest to that poster that Fleck may not have grieved well. I acknowledge that only those close to Fleck can know how well he has grieved.
Simply put, your own bias against me is showing. I am not against discussion of Fleck's personal life when he brings it up on public and when posters bring it up here. I merely responded to another poster bringing it up. Now, re-read and comprehend before posting again.

Will you just get over yourself! We get it, you are not a PJ fan, but do you have to constantly question his motives and sincerity on everything. Just because you don't understand or don't like someone doesn't mean you have to question it. The way you personally criticize PJ's character reflects more on you than it does him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Read my response to UR. You are making a big deal about nothing.

Offended or threatened.

Pretty sure we know which one you are.

Neither. Just stating the possibility that Fleck has not grieved well.
Why does that offend and/or threaten you?

Wow- I think I finally figured out that u are a petulant 12 year old preadolescent with this reactionary retort. Unbelievable.

This is the guy who says I'm an asshole...

This ^^^^^

I agree. I'm actually surprised that the university is allowing him to use this inspirational slogan, which I do admire, as branding. It is all over the place -- marketing, apparel, social media, signage. And when PJF leaves, whether that's in 2 years or 20, he is taking it with him.

I don't get why it matters. There was Brew Crew apparel, followed by Brick by Brick materials and collateral, followed by Row the Boat, which will be followed by whatever the next coach brings.

I don't get why it matters. There was Brew Crew apparel, followed by Brick by Brick materials and collateral, followed by Row the Boat, which will be followed by whatever the next coach brings.

I don't recall any previous "slogan" being noted in basically every form of communication and in nearly every interview about the program. They were also not attached to a deeply personal story directly involving the coach. Most importantly, I believe they were developed in tandem between the coaching staff and the university which would almost assuredly mean the university had control over the complete usage of the slogan. I very much doubt that is the case with RTB. Which means a core element of the branding of the football program is the property of someone that is technically an employee of university. Short-term, it feels great. Long-term, there could be some serious problems resulting from it.

The oar receptacle had over 100 oars in it. Although 98% were paddles. Pretty good oar turnout. Now you can get back to complaining about PJ.

I wanted to donate my paddle, but my girlfriend wouldn't let me.

The oar receptacle had over 100 oars in it. Although 98% were paddles. Pretty good oar turnout. Now you can get back to complaining about PJ.

Thanks,you answered my question before I even asked it. I just wish someone had snapped a pic to give a visual.

I don't recall any previous "slogan" being noted in basically every form of communication and in nearly every interview about the program. They were also not attached to a deeply personal story directly involving the coach. Most importantly, I believe they were developed in tandem between the coaching staff and the university which would almost assuredly mean the university had control over the complete usage of the slogan. I very much doubt that is the case with RTB. Which means a core element of the branding of the football program is the property of someone that is technically an employee of university. Short-term, it feels great. Long-term, there could be some serious problems resulting from it.
Who cares? If/when Fleck is gone RTB goes with him. Irrelevant to me. I bought a RTB shirt this weekend just like I had a Jerrysota shirt. As long as Fleck is the coach I will Row the Boat!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Thanks,you answered my question before I even asked it. I just wish someone had snapped a pic to give a visual.

There was a large bin with some pretty impressive creativity placed into it. Most oars/paddles were painted maroon and gold with stickers on them such as the M, footballs, etc. one oar was affixed with a mini U of M helmet for the handle. That was quite cool. Sorry no pics from me though.

Print a picture of this and bring it to the game.
2c46b791b00691a57bfa2d5fab01e96d.jpg

Are you high?

I agree with your second paragraph. Fleck, has opened up the criticism by using his son as a promotional tool. I don't find it wrong to find ways to remember your child. I find that his use of row the boat does not bring awareness to his son and calls for curing a disease. I find his use entirely self-promoting, which is why I question how well he has grieved.

What an absolutely asinine thing to say. How can you judge how someone else grieves the loss of a child? Have you ever lost a child? Would you like some ahole judging your process. Why don't you take a little break from posting and class up the hole with your absence?

What an absolutely asinine thing to say. How can you judge how someone else grieves the loss of a child? Have you ever lost a child? Would you like some ahole judging your process. Why don't you take a little break from posting and class up the hole with your absence?

There are some posts on here that even I ignore.

Top Bottom