Spring Game: Oars

This exactly. I'm already tired of RTB because it's not about the UofM, it's about Fleck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best part about RTB it annoys some many people like you.

Yes, unfortunately that is the best part about it.

And yet its still better than brick by brick.

You don't think row the boat has anything to do with his success in recruiting? You're delusional.

I'm fine with him using it as a theme with his players. Every coach does it. Don't try to rebrand the program with something that is you, not the school.

And yet its still better than brick by brick.

Sure. 6/Half Dozen. I don't really care for either or slogans in general.

When did Jerry say he used Brick By Brick because of Memorial Stadium? The closest I can find was the brick pattern on the jerseys, but nothing that says the stadium was the inspiration for this rallying cry.

Continued beyond Kill with Claeys? You realize Claeys was here with Kill, right? Similarly, if Ciarocca takes over for Fleck one day I wouldn't be surprised if some portion of RTB stayed around.

He talked about it numerous times. Also, Ciarocca only could if the U paid for the rights to it. It's stupid - build the schools brand. Wisconsin, OSU, Alabama, etc would laugh at RTB if he tried to do that. Build a brand that is sustaining for the school, instead of your own brand. God, some of our fans are so easy to fool.

Sure. 6/Half Dozen. I don't really care for either or slogans in general.

To be honest I don't care one way or the other about a slogan either. Some obviously do.

Pretty sure he says Ski-U-Mah and talks about the programs history more than any coach in recent memory.

He talked about it numerous times. Also, Ciarocca only could if the U paid for the rights to it. It's stupid - build the schools brand. Wisconsin, OSU, Alabama, etc would laugh at RTB if he tried to do that. Build a brand that is sustaining for the school, instead of your own brand. God, some of our fans are so easy to fool.

Troll alert. "Wisconsin " in with Ohio State and Alabama. Busted pal......

I'm fine with him using it as a theme with his players. Every coach does it. Don't try to rebrand the program with something that is you, not the school.

Spot on. It's gimmicky and embarrassing.

WOW!! Gopherhole has become completely infested with trolls and grumpy old men! Reading this thread is a wonderful reminder why I rarely visit gopherhole anymore.

I am bringing an oar and am very excited to attend the spring game. Go Gophers, Ski-U-Mah, and ROW THE BOAT!!!!

WOW!! Gopherhole has become completely infested with trolls and grumpy old men! Reading this thread is a wonderful reminder why I rarely visit gopherhole anymore.

I am bringing an oar and am very excited to attend the spring game. Go Gophers, Ski-U-Mah, and ROW THE BOAT!!!!

I'm embarrassed for you

I wonder if there's a fanbase of any team in the country that b*tches more than this one does? LOL. I can tolerate it, but only in small doses.

I wonder if there's a fanbase of any team in the country that b*tches more than this one does? LOL. I can tolerate it, but only in small doses.

I just figure were all kinda one big weird family with a lot of old crotchety uncles and grandfathers who like to complain about how candy used to cost a nickel and their cars used to get forty rods to the hogshead and "thats the way we likes it".

Hope to see you all tomorrow at the game. I'm not bringing an oar but I am planning on buying a row the boat shirt.

Lots of Iowa and Wisconsin trolls on this website as well as NDSU minions. They could not get jobs in their own states because their states suck so they come to Minnesota. Their states are deficit in so many ways they sought the comfort of Minnesota. How proud they must be of the one we can not speak of. Go Gophers.

Troll alert. "Wisconsin " in with Ohio State and Alabama. Busted pal......

Wow - I have been on here forever. I am not a Wisconsin fan. Don't be so stupid. Look back at post history if you want. No trolling.

Ruppert, Ozzy&Ray is a long time poster, die-hard Gopher fan. Just because he doesn't agree with you about RTB, doesn't mean he is any less of a fan. Come on man...

Go Gophers!!

Ruppert, Ozzy&Ray is a long time poster, die-hard Gopher fan. Just because he doesn't agree with you about RTB, doesn't mean he is any less of a fan. Come on man...

Go Gophers!!

I believe you. However, where does this stuff come from: "Yes, I know. His use of it is not about the U, it's about building his brand.". His dead son is a brand builder, REALLY? Go FYS.

I believe you. However, where does this stuff come from: "Yes, I know. His use of it is not about the U, it's about building his brand.". His dead son is a brand builder, REALLY? Go FYS.
Bronco, it is possible that Fleck had not done a good job grieving. He put all his efforts into his work at the cost of destroying his marriage. It is possible to use your deceased child in an unhealthy way that feeds your selfishness as you avoid grief. You can even tell yourself that you are honoring your child in the process.
Only Fleck and those close to him know how well he has grieved and how healthy his process has been.
Why, however, does he use such a personal issue to plug his program and process to the media. I think it is perfectly fine to question his motivation.

Bronco, it is possible that Fleck had not done a good job grieving. He put all his efforts into his work at the cost of destroying his marriage. It is possible to use your deceased child in an unhealthy way that feeds your selfishness as you avoid grief. You can even tell yourself that you are honoring your child in the process.
Only Fleck and those close to him know how well he has grieved and how healthy his process has been.
Why, however, does he use such a personal issue to plug his program and process to the media. I think it is perfectly fine to question his motivation.

It's also possible to know nothing about his personal life and not post on the internet like you do.

All of those schools (besides maybe Wisconsin?) Have built-in fan bases that create all kinds of positive factors that go into making your argument an apples to oranges comparison, imo. If you don't think that "buying in" as a fan base has an affect on the end result, I think your mistaken. I'd imagine that because Western Michigan and the city bought in so much, it created the momentum that eventually got the team to the Cotton Bowl.

Also, remember what he inherited: A bowl winning, fairly succesful team, with lacking fan support and seemingly fading interest by the students and everyone else involved. It's not just winning, it's getting people wanting to come to the game.

It's true that some of those had built in fan bases, but not all. Dantonio at MSU would be one. Don't believe Meyer brought a saying with him from BG to Utah. How about Chris Peterson at Washington? Or Patterson at TCU.
Talent on the field is what got WM to the Cotton Bowl, not fan support.

You don't think row the boat has anything to do with his success in recruiting? You're delusional.

PJF's personality and relentless enthusiasm are responsible for his recruiting success. He could sell the program just as easily without RTB, because of who he is.
A player isn't choosing to come to the U because of RTB, they are coming here because they want to play for PJF and for the position coach, along with the chance to play in the BIG. Some are even choosing to come here because of academic offerings.

Top Bottom