Spring Game: Oars

Who cares? If/when Fleck is gone RTB goes with him. Irrelevant to me. I bought a RTB shirt this weekend just like I had a Jerrysota shirt. As long as Fleck is the coach I will Row the Boat!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

You are missing my point. I have nothing against the slogan. I may even own something that has RTB on it. I also hope that PJF has a long and distinguished coaching career at the university. However, if the core slogan associated with that (hopeful) success is not under the control of the university, that is concerning. As a marketer at the university I would not want to be in that position. And, hopefully, they have a long-term vision and strategy for how that will be handled.

A reminder that PJ and Heather Fleck do not financially gain from Row The Boat. Proceeds go to the Masonic Children's Hospital.

I got an email saying RTB gear was on sale now on Goldys Locker room but I haven't seen any online. Anybody know when that's gonna happen?

Saturday afternoon was fun, the weather was great, the action was entertaining, and my kids enjoyed getting autographs from the players. I was surprised by the proficiency of the offense, given that our defense seems much more loaded on paper, along with our inexperience at QB.

A thought on the autograph session: Shannon Brooks was in high demand, and I appreciated that he stuck around after the session was officially over to sign as many as he could. That was a class act.

On the other hand, there was a shortage of organization. This will be fixed if they do it again, I'm sure, but people were lining up two different ways, which resulted in some interpersonal conflicts. The players were sitting at long tables to sign, and the tables were set up end-to-end. Kids and their parents were lined up from the end of the first table in the southeast corner of the field, and moving along the length of the table collecting autographs. In most other spots, they lined up directly in front of the player whose autograph they wanted. All went relatively smoothly until the two lines collided, and you had people jostling for position and cutting in front of each other, resulting in a traffic jam and some unhappy feelings.

A single person directing traffic at each line of tables would have been helpful.

Saturday afternoon was fun, the weather was great, the action was entertaining, and my kids enjoyed getting autographs from the players. I was surprised by the proficiency of the offense, given that our defense seems much more loaded on paper, along with our inexperience at QB.

A thought on the autograph session: Shannon Brooks was in high demand, and I appreciated that he stuck around after the session was officially over to sign as many as he could. That was a class act.

On the other hand, there was a shortage of organization. This will be fixed if they do it again, I'm sure, but people were lining up two different ways, which resulted in some interpersonal conflicts. The players were sitting at long tables to sign, and the tables were set up end-to-end. Kids and their parents were lined up from the end of the first table in the southeast corner of the field, and moving along the length of the table collecting autographs. In most other spots, they lined up directly in front of the player whose autograph they wanted. All went relatively smoothly until the two lines collided, and you had people jostling for position and cutting in front of each other, resulting in a traffic jam and some unhappy feelings.

A single person directing traffic at each line of tables would have been helpful.

On the North side, with the upper numbers, a Gopher staff person was instructing people not to form a single line, but to go directly to the table of the player you wished to sign. It was helpful to us.

I still like this system, flawed as you described it, better than find random player, and have them sign on your back as was done previously. You had to be able to spot the player you wanted in the crowd, by number makes much more sense.

Top Bottom