WR Jornell Manns Commits!

Take that Sconnie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Feels good to kick Sconnie in the nutz. Welcome Jornell!

Hayo?

That's what I was assuming but according to 247, McDonald, Harbison, and Holland were all rated higher. But it's also still early for some of these ratings. Hopefully Manns sticks and turns out a little better.

That's what I was assuming but according to 247, McDonald, Harbison, and Holland were all rated higher. But it's also still early for some of these ratings. Hopefully Manns sticks and turns out a little better.

247 didn't exist during Hayo's time. Most likely why.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

The Gophers received an oral commitment Thursday from Jornell Manns, a 5-foot-10, 187-pound wide receiver from Mansfield, Ohio, he announced on Twitter.

“Im Blessed To Say I Have Committed To Minnesota!” Manns tweeted.

Manns is the ninth player to pledge to the Gophers in the 2018 class and its first wide receiver.

Manns, who is the 23rd-ranked player in Ohio, had reported offers from Wisconsin, Penn State, West Virginia and Kentucky, among others, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/13/gophers-receive-commitment-from-ohio-wide-receiver-2/

Go Gophers!!

It just keeps getting better and better. What a jewel!!!! RTB

I'll say one thing, it's been refreshing getting recruits who are on many schools' radars and not under the radar. Ski U Mah Jornell!!

Manns is the third commit in this class from Ohio. Haven't had 3 Ohioans in a class since 2014, and the time before that was 2006.

Carpenter, McDonald, Harbison, Holland. Kind of amazing what has happened with our highest rated WRs of the past decade. Hopefully MHjr5 can change that narrative still.

Whether it means anything in the long run remains to be seen, but the guys we are signing appear to have better sets of offers than in previous years (going way back). Again, I don't know what, if anything, that means, but it's good that we are beating out some of our direct competitors for players.

Whether it means anything in the long run remains to be seen, but the guys we are signing appear to have better sets of offers than in previous years (going way back). Again, I don't know what, if anything, that means, but it's good that we are beating out some of our direct competitors for players.

I know I have always put way more stock in offers then stars in recruiting. Personally I want players that our direct competition also wants, it was a big frustration with the Kill years in that a lot of our recruits had few comparable D1 offers and were mostly being recruited by MAC schools. You can clearly find some very good players that way but in order to really get over the hump and become a contender you need to be consistently getting players that are on par with your competition in the conference.

Fleck doesn't seem to be afraid to go up against anyone on the recruiting trail and based on the early returns, whatever he is doing is working at least in regards to getting verbal commitments.

I know I have always put way more stock in offers then stars in recruiting. Personally I want players that our direct competition also wants, it was a big frustration with the Kill years in that a lot of our recruits had few comparable D1 offers and were mostly being recruited by MAC schools. You can clearly find some very good players that way but in order to really get over the hump and become a contender you need to be consistently getting players that are on par with your competition in the conference.

Fleck doesn't seem to be afraid to go up against anyone on the recruiting trail and based on the early returns, whatever he is doing is working at least in regards to getting verbal commitments.

Just as a side note, offers even can be deceptive. Some of those offers out there are the creepy "non committable" offers. Those might not mean much.

I see that Coach Waninner(sp) recruited Mann. Unfortunately his son just committed to Michigan State. Just as unfortunate is that he wiill be leaving for a head job in 2018 or the NFL. He certainly won't want to coach against his son. To bad for us. Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach.

I see that Coach Waninner(sp) recruited Mann. Unfortunately his son just committed to Michigan State. Just as unfortunate is that he wiill be leaving for a head job in 2018 or the NFL. He certainly won't want to coach against his son. To bad for us. Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach.

Why not?

Top Bottom