WR Jornell Manns Commits!

Just as a side note, offers even can be deceptive. Some of those offers out there are the creepy "non committable" offers. Those might not mean much.

That's true, but I think what we're seeing is a more consistent pursuit of relatively highly sought-after players. In the end, it might not mean that much but I have to guess that a majority of the offers are legit.

That's true, but I think what we're seeing is a more consistent pursuit of relatively highly sought-after players. In the end, it might not mean that much but I have to guess that a majority of the offers are legit.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

It is nice to see other good offers on a guy we get.

I see that Coach Waninner(sp) recruited Mann. Unfortunately his son just committed to Michigan State. Just as unfortunate is that he wiill be leaving for a head job in 2018 or the NFL. He certainly won't want to coach against his son. To bad for us. Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach.

Seems a little early to start the search for his replacement. As for the comment about not wanting to coach against his son, not really sure that will be a factor for him in what he does job wise. Fathers have coached against their son's and it would seem pretty foolish to leave a good job just to avoid potentially coaching against your son one time during the season.

Seems a little early to start the search for his replacement. As for the comment about not wanting to coach against his son, not really sure that will be a factor for him in what he does job wise. Fathers have coached against their son's and it would seem pretty foolish to leave a good job just to avoid potentially coaching against your son one time during the season.
MSU isn't on the schedule for 2018 or 2019 so we can hold off on the search committee for awhile. If Coach Warinner stays for three years we'll be lucky based on his aspirations to be a head coach.

Whether it means anything in the long run remains to be seen, but the guys we are signing appear to have better sets of offers than in previous years (going way back). Again, I don't know what, if anything, that means, but it's good that we are beating out some of our direct competitors for players.
Agreed.

If the recruits live up to the rankings then it will be fun to watch the Gophers in four years. We all know the rankings are a crap shoot, but if we win it's all good.

Nice to see a kid from ohio move to the great white north. [emoji301] [emoji300]

I see that Coach Waninner(sp) recruited Mann. Unfortunately his son just committed to Michigan State. Just as unfortunate is that he wiill be leaving for a head job in 2018 or the NFL. He certainly won't want to coach against his son. To bad for us. Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach.

Yes, Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach. What was your favorite moment within the Coach Warinner era of Gopher offensive line coaching? We now know that coach Warinner won't want to be coaching against his son and will soon be leaving the program. I'm sad you released that information without giving the full picture of what the future will hold: Mike Tice will take the job when Warinner leaves and will then be elevated to interim head coach when Fleck takes the open Ohio State job after their great scandal of 2021 is revealed. The part I can't get over is how Tice will lead the Gophers to four consecutive Rose Bowl wins sandwiched in between two national championships. I plan to write a book about it when I am laid up in the hospital after I get hit by an off target flag carrying skydiver prior to the 2028 Purdue game. I have often said that looks dangerous so how ironic is it that I will be the one that gets hurt?

Yes, Hopefully Coach Fleck will find another elite offensive line coach. What was your favorite moment within the Coach Warinner era of Gopher offensive line coaching? We now know that coach Warinner won't want to be coaching against his son and will soon be leaving the program. I'm sad you released that information without giving the full picture of what the future will hold: Mike Tice will take the job when Warinner leaves and will then be elevated to interim head coach when Fleck takes the open Ohio State job after their great scandal of 2021 is revealed. The part I can't get over is how Tice will lead the Gophers to four consecutive Rose Bowl wins sandwiched in between two national championships. I plan to write a book about it when I am laid up in the hospital after I get hit by an off target flag carrying skydiver prior to the 2028 Purdue game. I have often said that looks dangerous so how ironic is it that I will be the one that gets hurt?

Tice? I thought it was going to be Childress!

Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! This has to be one of the best posts I've read in a while. Part of the reason this post is beyond awesome, is some of us really do have such thoughts...

Ha! This has to be one of the best posts I've read in a while. Part of the reason this post is beyond awesome, is some of us really do have such thoughts...

This.

I had a convo with a fellow Gopher fan that was telling me how good of a coach Matt Simon will be when PJ moves on to a helmet school. It's how we are. As insane as the conversation was, I think part of me kind of already subconsciously thought about it.

WMFD: Manns Says Fleck The Difference In Choosing Gophers

Mansfield Tyger senior-to-be Jornell Manns earlier last Thursday gave a verbal commitment to play his college football at the University of Minnesota. While competing this weekend at the Mehock Relays, Manns says the decision to choose Minnesota was not difficult.

"Actually it wasn't hard. I never had a relationship, nobody recruited me as hard as Minnesota did and coach (P.J.) Fleck is a genuine guy and he showed real interest in me, so nobody compared to him."

When asked if the fact that Shelby quarterback Brennan Armstrong gave a verbal commitment back in February had any influence on his decision Manns responded, "That's my guy, we talk all the time. When I first got the offer and started to talk with coach Fleck, he (Armstrong) said I want you to go there, but don't commit before you end up going. Then after my visit, he texts me at 12 am and asked me how it went. I said I'm committing. He was the first to know."

In 2016, Manns caught 28 passes for 359 yards and four touchdowns while averaging over 27 yards per kick return in an injury-plagued junior season. "My goal for my senior year is to get over 15 touchdowns and to stay healthy."

Manns also adds that he intends to stay at Mansfield Senior for his entire senior year, but will head to Minnesota early in the summer of 2018, to get a jump start on school.

Manns also had offers from Wisconsin, Bowling Green, Kent State, Ohio University, Toledo, Penn State, and West Virginia. Manns is 5'10" 187lbs.

https://wmfd.com/sports/single.asp?story=72043

Go Gophers!!

It's a saying...

Oh. So to say a school has "cooled" on a player means...? Or is it an inside joke I'm not privy to? The sequence was someone said "take that sconnie" to which someone else said Wisconsin cooled on him, like they didn't care cuz they didn't want him. Crazy when people assume to know what the hell a college football staff, of which they are NOT a part, think of, how they evaluate a recruit and how highly they regard him.

Oh. So to say a school has "cooled" on a player means...? Or is it an inside joke I'm not privy to? The sequence was someone said "take that sconnie" to which someone else said Wisconsin cooled on him, like they didn't care cuz they didn't want him. Crazy when people assume to know what the hell a college football staff, of which they are NOT a part, think of, how they evaluate a recruit and how highly they regard him.

It's an inside (GH) joke you are now privy to.

Others will correct me if I'm misremembering, (of course they will) but part of the irony was that the phrase was associated with Western Michigan - in the past if the U landed a recruit that also had an offer from Western Michigan, we did so only because WMU (or fill in the blank) "cooled" on the prospect later in the recruiting cycle.

Others will correct me if I'm misremembering, (of course they will) but part of the irony was that the phrase was associated with Western Michigan - in the past if the U landed a recruit that also had an offer from Western Michigan, we did so only because WMU (or fill in the blank) "cooled" on the prospect later in the recruiting cycle.

I'm pretty sure Wisconsin fans used to say that when their recruits committed elsewhere, and they were serious about it. We then turned it into a joke. Maybe I just made that up though.

It's a saying...

You get it Sparlimb. That "was" a running joke. In the past, any time a player with either interest or a commitment (rare) in/ to Wisconsin chose Minnesota over Wisconsin, a Badger Troll would post that Wisconsin "cooled" on him. Me posting "All together now, Wisconsin cooled on him" was meant to be a joke/ dig at the trolls.

I'm pretty sure Wisconsin fans used to say that when their recruits committed elsewhere, and they were serious about it. We then turned it into a joke. Maybe I just made that up though.

No you're correct.

Top Bottom