ESPN on U QBs: This might be the one truly wide-open battle in Big Ten

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Minnesota: This might be the one truly wide-open battle in the league, as there's very little experience on hand for first-year coach P.J. Fleck. Senior Conor Rhoda and sophomore Demry Croft appear to be the leading candidates, with early enrollee Tanner Morgan a dark horse. Fleck said he likely won't name a starter until training camp.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...tuations-coming-into-focus-bode-well-for-2017

Go Gophers!!

ESPN: Take Two: Most intriguing Big Ten QB battle this spring

Brian Bennett: Minnesota

There are several intriguing quarterback battles around the league, but Minnesota is the one I’m most interested in. That’s because there isn’t one obvious guy to replace Mitch Leidner, who seemingly began his career under Bernie Bierman.

Senior and former walk-on Conor Rhoda is the most experienced option, with one career start, while redshirt sophomore Demry Croft is tantalizing as a 6-foot-5, dual-threat possibility. Seth Green was a highly-ranked recruit two years ago, while the new staff brought in Tanner Morgan as part of its first class. Morgan, who enrolled early, could force his way into the conversation sooner rather than later.

P.J. Fleck and his staff showed that they know how to develop quarterbacks while turning Zach Terrell into a star at Western Michigan. As reliable as Leidner was, he didn’t often reach the elite level. With a good nucleus returning at running back and on the offensive line, the quarterback position holds the key to the entire Golden Gophers' offense in 2017 and perhaps their chances in the West Division. That’s why the spring competition there demands so much attention.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...most-intriguing-big-ten-qb-battle-this-spring

Go Gophers!!

Seems to me that Iowa is in the same shape. Bernard has been the starter for two years. I think he started every game last year.

Seems to me that Iowa is in the same shape. Bernard has been the starter for two years. I think he started every game last year.

Yep, Iowa lost almost all its skill position players on offense. I'd add Nebraska as well.

Ya think? The QB battle is as clear as Doogie's prediction of an imminent breaking news.

P.J. Fleck and his staff showed that they know how to develop quarterbacks while turning Zach Terrell into a star at Western Michigan. As reliable as Leidner was, he didn’t often reach the elite level.

Expert level trolling!

Top Bottom