Getting local music artists involved w/program- An example

Reaction score

I posted a thread a month or so ago about getting local music artists like Atmosphere involved with the program to promote and improve our image on a national level. Well I dunno if you guys are Wolves fans or not but the Timberwolves just did exactly that and it turned into a promotional video that is off the charts. This thing gives you goosebumps about 5 seconds in.

Theres no reason the Gophers couldn't do something a lot like this to recap their history and ring in the new era to show at this years opener. On top of all that there are a lot more people who are prominent figures nationwide at their disposal.

There are a lot of really good Gopher videos... and that video has all of 21k views so I don't think it is actually doing much.

Also the did the T-Wolves get bought by the Arizona Coyotes?

sQRLfHK.jpg

Well if used effectively and marketed right is my point. Plus most people aren't viewing it on youtube so I don't think those numbers hold true. I saw it live last night and on other secondary sources. Trust me, everyone who has seen it thinks this is a 5 star video.

How is our logo even close to that anyway? Yea 2 canines howling but no one said that about our secondary logo like 5 years ago. It takes elements from our past logos and merges them. The green eyes from "Old Shep",howling from the one I just mentioned, and a new aspect with the north star. If you look closely the circle logo forms a compass and the A on Minnesota is a marking for North. The 2 logos are completely different.

I posted a thread a month or so ago about getting local music artists like Atmosphere involved with the program to promote and improve our image on a national level. Well I dunno if you guys are Wolves fans or not but the Timberwolves just did exactly that and it turned into a promotional video that is off the charts. This thing gives you goosebumps about 5 seconds in.

Theres no reason the Gophers couldn't do something a lot like this to recap their history and ring in the new era to show at this years opener. On top of all that there are a lot more people who are prominent figures nationwide at their disposal.

I know of two bands that would do it.

Well if used effectively and marketed right is my point. Plus most people aren't viewing it on youtube so I don't think those numbers hold true. I saw it live last night and on other secondary sources. Trust me, everyone who has seen it thinks this is a 5 star video.

How is our logo even close to that anyway? Yea 2 canines howling but no one said that about our secondary logo like 5 years ago. It takes elements from our past logos and merges them. The green eyes from "Old Shep",howling from the one I just mentioned, and a new aspect with the north star. If you look closely the circle logo forms a compass and the A on Minnesota is a marking for North. The 2 logos are completely different.

Well it got you excited for sure.

But man those logos are so similar....

The sad part is they probably paid someone six figures to design it. Really original.

The sad part is they probably paid someone six figures to design it. Really original.

I always wonder if you could get away with just asking some unemployed designers, or just independant guys, to submit something for a few grand... what you'd get.

There are a lot of really good Gopher videos... and that video has all of 21k views so I don't think it is actually doing much.

Also the did the T-Wolves get bought by the Arizona Coyotes?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Howl Wolves!!

I'm still mad about that logo... .and the name of the team... :(
As a Blackhawk fan myself, you definitely got the short end of the stick. The North Stars was a far better identity.

Whaaaat? IALTO:clap:

Les, i gotta say you totally surprised me on this one. I thought your music library stopped with The Eagles with your get off my lawn persona.

My vote would be for Taking a Ride for the pump up the crowd music. Replace Guns n Roses or AC/DC
https://youtu.be/BQWpozAfXWM

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Howl Wolves!!

Yeah...not so fast AZ. New logo is re-imaging of T'Wolves original, sooo...who copied who exactly?

I guess if you mean un-locatable on the charts, you are right.

Video is meh. Too drawn out for a hype video. Loses interest pretty fast unless you're a diehard

The fact you quote Common shows your age. That guy's show could be used for enhanced interrogation. The thing about appealing to kids isn't to use what YOU LIKE. You think Jimmy Iovine got rich marketing music to kids that he liked?

Top Bottom