Louisville center Matz Stockman transferring to Minnesota

Maybe there are better options in the grad transfer market. But shouldn't we assume Richard was in contact with a few? Is it possible the staff tried and for any number of reasons decided to move on from that strategy? So instead of filling a scholly for 4 years on a "stiff" they took this kid for two. In the process they fill a gap in recruiting for 18-19 at the center position. Yes, it sucks we get nothing from that scholly this year but I don't remember outrage last year when we gave Haugh the open scholly instead of finding someone that could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Pitino also learned a lot over the last couple years with Lynch and Fitz sitting out a year...learned how he can develop the player during that year and has seen positive results and figures he can do it again with this 7 footer. Especially since he has a young center and will need a veteran center to play big minutes in 2018-19 no matter what.

No, I think the kid would have been picked up by someone but I don't think it would have been by a program with the stature of this one. I also think that Rick Pitino did think the kid had potential and wanted to place him somewhere he trusted where the kid would have a chance to play. I don't think the motives were all that bad here, but I think Minnesota could have done better and probably would have tried without the familial influence.

"better" & "would have tried" presumably based on limited knowledge of the recruiting situation or work the coaches put in on recruiting. Think what you like but unless there are some facts supporting it,...

I mean when you make a post calling out people prognosticating on a transfer move I think it's fair game for some snark back.

I'm sure Ryan James is a intellegent guy, not refuting that.

Ryan James is a paid fan. Where did he play at? Trust your own judgment

Ryan James is plugged into the program. He gets inside information before anyone else. He also follows recruiting better than anyone else in the state. He's more than just a "paid fan," he has the best insight of anyone not on the staff.

Ryan James is plugged into the program. He gets inside information before anyone else. He also follows recruiting better than anyone else in the state. He's more than just a "paid fan," he has the best insight of anyone not on the staff.

Haha are you a close relative or buddy of Ryan James? He may be well informed, but his writing is just OK, and his podcasts are painful to listen to when he tries ad-libbing or making stupid jokes.

Damn, are a close relative of buddy or his? He may be well informed, but his writing is just OK, and his podcasts are painful to listen to when he tries ad-libbing or making stupid jokes.

He is not a good writer, I will give you that. I've never listened to his podcasts.

He is not a good writer, I will give you that. I've never listened to his podcasts.

dude, it's ok, you don't have to defend rj's honor any time someone brings him up. we get it.

if only you defended actual gopher players as passionately as you do bloggers.

+1 Love the information and insight he provides. He is very good at what he does and gives out solid researched information rather than speculation. With him and Burns both at GopherIllustrated it is well worth the $ for the information they provide.

Ryan James is a paid fan. Where did he play at? Trust your own judgment

Where did Richard Pitino play at? Ryan James has the best opinion & info on the Gophers in the state, imo & it ain't even close.

Yeah ryan james isn't a good writer but he's very plugged in and has great takes. I love listening to the podcast because it gives me info I usually don't get other places

Yeah ryan james isn't a good writer but he's very plugged in and has great takes. I love listening to the podcast because it gives me info I usually don't get other places

I Agree. It may be strange, but I prefer to hear the opinions of someone who has actually watches practice and talks to the player and coaches, than some random speculation from some idiot like me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom