Maryland president: Would expect shutdown of UNC over academic allegations

Roy Williams is the "darndest" coach there is in college basketball.

They need a big gangelhoffer cleaver and I hope they vacated all their championships and titles like they did with the Gophers.

My guess it (surprisingly light sanctions) would come mid-summer to allow for minimal news coverage and WAY before basketball season starts.

Not that it is likely at all, but could the ACC levy some penalties as well or expel them? The bill in the NC house requiring NC State and NC to leave if the ACC boycott would come back can not sit well with the Conference.

I want to believe the NCAA will come down hard on them but my gut tells me that they won't.

Question? If they don't punish North Carolina, or come down with some light slap on the wrist, what's to stop other universities from starting fake classes? They can't possibly punish anyone when they just looked the other way at an 18 year scandal.

The NCAA better be careful, as this could be the first big domino in the end of the NCAA.

Question? If they don't punish North Carolina, or come down with some light slap on the wrist, what's to stop other universities from starting fake classes? They can't possibly punish anyone when they just looked the other way at an 18 year scandal.

The NCAA better be careful, as this could be the first big domino in the end of the NCAA.

NCAA...NAACP...AARP...where does it end:confused:

Maryland Pres is smart.

Gets my vote for president of the year.

Very refreshing to hear from someone with the guts to say what 99% of us are thinking, with the 1% being UNC fans & the s*ck lickers from the media like Jay Bilas.

Very refreshing to hear from someone with the guts to say what 99% of us are thinking, with the 1% being UNC fans & the s*ck lickers from the media like Jay Bilas.

What punishment should they get?

What punishment will they get?

Amen to that!

What punishment should they get?

What punishment will they get?

What they should get: 2 year death penalty ALL sports that had at least 1 athlete attend bogus classes. Take away all conference and NCAA titles for all sports for about a decade.

What they will get: Post-season ban all sports for 2 years, with a couple reduced schollies.

What North Carolina should get: 2 year death penalty ALL sports that had at least 1 athlete attend bogus classes. Take away all conference and NCAA titles for all sports for about a decade.

What Cleveland State will get: Post-season ban all sports for 2 years, with a couple reduced schollies.

FIFY...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kind of interesting that this criticism comes from the President of a former ACC institution.

Kind of interesting that this criticism comes from the President of a former ACC institution.

Also interesting, much more than the ACC bit, is that the criticism is based 100% on facts.

Cheaters

Also interesting, much more than the ACC bit, is that the criticism is based 100% on facts.

NCAA has no choice but to act.

If they don't act, Minnesota can and should put back up their Final Four Banner.

Students from Wisconsin who couldn't play football should sue the NCAA because they couldn't play because a shoe store gave them a larger than average discount than other customers.

SMU did less than North Carolina and received the death penalty.

Forfeiting all the games for 18 years is a minimum punishment.

Middle punishment would include an 18 year ban on post season participation.

Worst case scenario is the Death Penalty.

Either way no student athlete should consider going there because they will be punished in some way shape or form, or the NCAA is done!!!!

Top Bottom