Questions

I was a fan of Jerry Kill and I am a fan of PJ. Both are very good coaches with large egos and they have talked very similar so far. But PJ, while a gold mine might be a little hyperbole, does have a starting line much farther ahead or up the field than Jerry did. PJ will make us better. Like Jerry, he's going to tell us at every chance.

Just because some people on here are not fond of some things the PJF does, doesn't make them hate him. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
He's done some good things. He however has done some things that aren't good. Many on here point out both aspects. Just like with Kill and Claeys.
We all are in agreement that we would like to see him succeed and take the Gophers to the Rose Bowl and also be in contention to play for a National Championship someday.

Using excuses like him talking about how many healthy lineman he has to say he doesn't have a plan for practices implies otherwise. Or saying he should use defensive lineman to run offensive plays like two days after the 5th lineman gets hurt is weird.

We're really seeing a war of attrition between the country's most positive coach & college football's most jaded fan base playing out lately. I think the "change in culture", that makes so many people's eyes roll, is most needed by many in our cynical fan base.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What if we weren't cynical until he got here?

Using excuses like him talking about how many healthy lineman he has to say he doesn't have a plan for practices implies otherwise. Or saying he should use defensive lineman to run offensive plays like two days after the 5th lineman gets hurt is weird.

If you're directing this at me, you don't know how to read very well. Never said either one of those two things.
Go back and read post 49 and 56 as a reference.

Ya, stands to reason that'd be over your head. Basketball team has 10-15 people. Football team has 120 when all are onboard. 40 of them are never going to see the field and would love to help in any way possible. Standing on the sideline watching will get them noticed by the coaches, right? You are right, it's better for your purposes to hear every day we don't have enough healthy linemen to go 11 on 11. How about a blocking dummy held by this guy to even things out? "great way to get people hurt" You are missing my point! If PJ really wanted to go 11 on 11 he would. Instead he's blustering for sympathy that he can't. "He sacrificed for his kids. He took a major pay cut." All the same poor me stuff.

Yes a walk on non-lineman holding a blocking dummy would be exactly like going 11 on 11.....:rolleyes:

I'm shocked PJ hasn't hired you for your brilliant ideas. I'm sure he's just making excuses and needs input from the fans on how to run practices.

None of this will matter come this fall when everyone is recovered from surgery, everyone is on campus, and there is more than enough kids to play all the online positions! :D

If you're directing this at me, you don't know how to read very well. Never said either one of those two things.
Go back and read post 49 and 56 as a reference.

"Eating difficult conversations for breakfast must not apply to how to run a practice with limited players"

Yes a walk on non-lineman holding a blocking dummy would be exactly like going 11 on 11.....:rolleyes:

I'm shocked PJ hasn't hired you for your brilliant ideas. I'm sure he's just making excuses and needs input from the fans on how to run practices.

Thank you!! I knew even someone who evidently can't even read would still finally agree with me.

Thank you!! I knew even someone who evidently can't even read would still finally agree with me.

If you worked for PJ you would have to take a pay cut and go into candle lit rooms with him on a daily basis. Careful what you ask for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you worked for PJ you would have to take a pay cut and go into candle lit rooms with him on a daily basis. Careful what you ask for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. I ain't doin' that. I was thinking more along the lines of paid consultant...kind of anonymously online...with my checks electronically deposited. Thanks for looking out for me.

The problem is the media asking the questions. They have guys asking questions that don't know anything about gophers football team. Anyone can ask how many offensive lineman they have practicing.

They can't ask how is Gentry is doing because they never heard of the guy. They don't know the roster or the background.

I keep coming on here looking for info and all I see is ... 4 lineman today... 3 QBs...
Tyler Jonson , Rodney smith that's it ... no real info kinda embarrassing from media if u ask me.

So if he is asked the same question every single time he meets the press, he should answer it every single time?
Why not say, I've addressed that situation, who has a different question

Sid would go crazy with that approach.

Most of the time in these scrums, media asks pretty basic questions, unless they have something specific to ask about a player for a feature they're working on. So most of the answers you get are probably going to be pretty basic.

Getting back to one of Swingman's posts - I think it is a fair observation that Fleck has focused a lot - not exclusively - but a lot - on some of the negative issues/challenges. That is a choice. There are positives he could focus on - and does on occasion when he has singled out certain players for praise. I agree with Swingman that I would rather hear Fleck focus on positives and give us his reactions/observations about different players - maybe compare or contrast them to players he had at WMU

Yes, it has to be a pain in the butt to be short of healthy OL this spring. I will just say that there are 13 other coaches in the B1G, and I'm willing to bet that none of them feel sorry for PJ Fleck. They all have their own issues to deal with. Now, if this was week #1 or week #5 of the season, and the team only had 4 healthy OL, that would be a different story. But, I suspect that, when the opening game of the season kicks off, the Gophers will have 5 players starting in the offensive line. And after watching the Vikings' OL last year, I suspect the Gophers' OL is going to be more effective than the Vikings' line was. (at least I sure hope so.......)

Hope to hear some news this week with increased media attention (radio show from Sensers, BTN in town, Spring game). Fleck has done a great job of greatly reducing public access and restricting media access. In limited post practice sessions, he has Greder, JoeC, Daniel House, Burns and random TV guys who wander in staring lovingly into his eyes and allowing him to spin the conversation exactly as he wants it spun, focusing on what he doesn't have in April and about instilling culture. Hope someone actually asks some questions that gets to figuring out what we will have in September.

Topic A: I have heard enough of the we only have 4 (or 5 or 6) offensive linemen and how it is such a disaster. Don't really care about our Oline in April. We should have 15 offensive lineman on campus in eight weeks.

Can someone please ask a question about any of the four returning starting offensive lineman?

At least a question on 4th year guy, Greene, who has been practicing?

Maybe get some idea how far away Weyler (4th year guy), Wright (5th year guy), and Calhoun (4th year guy) are to being healthy and if they think they fit scheme?

Any progress shown by Connelly, Oseland and Dovich, all who got game experience last year, all who have been out here this Spring, all who are now upperclassmen?

Any word on how Minnesota local redshirts Olson and Schlueter looked in Spring work?

Topic B: I have heard way, way too much about how many underclassmen defensive tackles are playing in April. We have four veteran defensive tackles on campus practicing, one is an AllBig player, prbly an NFL prospect.We have four more defensive tackles coming in 8 weeks, including a juco.

Please can I hear more about how the four who are practicing look?

How is Richardson? Are Merrick Jackson, Moore and Stelter showing anything?

Topic C: We have to replace two starting corners.

Do we think Shenault, Craighton, and Kiondre are up to the task?
Are any of the other players able to play corner (Winfield, Ayinde, Durr)?
Do recruits HandyHolly, Beck, Harris, Estes, Douglas project as able to cover at corner?
Any help in secondary from walk-ons (Dipre, Cooper, others)?

Topic D: Tired of hearing about lack of returning receptions. Tell me about what we do have, not what we don't have. Have heard good things on Johnson. A little bit on Carter and Still.

Anything on veterans Holland, Register, or Gentry?
Anything on redshirts Hmielewski, Williams or Howard?
Anything on walk-ons Morse, Reger, Annexstad?
Anything on whether AutmanBell, VanDyne, Douglas, Paulson project as able to compete right away?

Wozniak and Kieft showing anything at TE this Spring?

Any of the running backs look like they can help receiving game?

What is injury status on Lingen and Beebe and Witham? Any projected role for them on team? Especially Lingen and Beebe, who have had major roles in past.

Tired of hearing about what we don't have at defensive end.

Can I hear something about DeLattiboudere or Gibson?

Anything on Santoso, Carpenter, Herbers?

These are great questions - unfortunately, I just saw them now. Daniel House and I have talked about a few of these in our previous podcast, and the one we recorded tonight (that's not up yet). I'm talking to Andy Greder tomorrow, and will get to as many of these as possible on the GopherHole podcast!

Don't believe the FAKE NEWS that PJ and the liberal media will have you believe that we don't have enough players to practice on the OL. There are like 100 players on this football team. What does it take, 5 Lineman to run an offense? I mean, we have like 5 kickers right? Do they spend all of practice kicking footballs? That would be really dumb if they are. Can't one of them like, hold a blocking dummy or something or pretend to be an OL? That would work. :rolleyes:

Hope to hear some news this week with increased media attention (radio show from Sensers, BTN in town, Spring game). Fleck has done a great job of greatly reducing public access and restricting media access. In limited post practice sessions, he has Greder, JoeC, Daniel House, Burns and random TV guys who wander in staring lovingly into his eyes and allowing him to spin the conversation exactly as he wants it spun, focusing on what he doesn't have in April and about instilling culture. Hope someone actually asks some questions that gets to figuring out what we will have in September.

Topic A: I have heard enough of the we only have 4 (or 5 or 6) offensive linemen and how it is such a disaster. Don't really care about our Oline in April. We should have 15 offensive lineman on campus in eight weeks.

Can someone please ask a question about any of the four returning starting offensive lineman?

At least a question on 4th year guy, Greene, who has been practicing?

Maybe get some idea how far away Weyler (4th year guy), Wright (5th year guy), and Calhoun (4th year guy) are to being healthy and if they think they fit scheme?

Any progress shown by Connelly, Oseland and Dovich, all who got game experience last year, all who have been out here this Spring, all who are now upperclassmen?

Any word on how Minnesota local redshirts Olson and Schlueter looked in Spring work?

Topic B: I have heard way, way too much about how many underclassmen defensive tackles are playing in April. We have four veteran defensive tackles on campus practicing, one is an AllBig player, prbly an NFL prospect.We have four more defensive tackles coming in 8 weeks, including a juco.

Please can I hear more about how the four who are practicing look?

How is Richardson? Are Merrick Jackson, Moore and Stelter showing anything?

Topic C: We have to replace two starting corners.

Do we think Shenault, Craighton, and Kiondre are up to the task?
Are any of the other players able to play corner (Winfield, Ayinde, Durr)?
Do recruits HandyHolly, Beck, Harris, Estes, Douglas project as able to cover at corner?
Any help in secondary from walk-ons (Dipre, Cooper, others)?

Topic D: Tired of hearing about lack of returning receptions. Tell me about what we do have, not what we don't have. Have heard good things on Johnson. A little bit on Carter and Still.

Anything on veterans Holland, Register, or Gentry?
Anything on redshirts Hmielewski, Williams or Howard?
Anything on walk-ons Morse, Reger, Annexstad?
Anything on whether AutmanBell, VanDyne, Douglas, Paulson project as able to compete right away?

Wozniak and Kieft showing anything at TE this Spring?

Any of the running backs look like they can help receiving game?

What is injury status on Lingen and Beebe and Witham? Any projected role for them on team? Especially Lingen and Beebe, who have had major roles in past.

Tired of hearing about what we don't have at defensive end.

Can I hear something about DeLattiboudere or Gibson?

Anything on Santoso, Carpenter, Herbers?

Swingman - I think we got to just about all your questions in the podcast with Andy Greder. You can download it iTunes, or listen here -> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Swingman - I think we got to just about all your questions in the podcast with Andy Greder. You can download it iTunes, or listen here -> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

fantastic thank you. I'm not swingman but I'll check it out tonight.

Top Bottom