2017 Gophers NFL Draft Thread

At first I thought you said Matt Millen's mock draft and about lost it thinking of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was Millen, Myrick and Travis would be off the board. Wolitarsky would have been a 3rd rounder.

Burnsville OG Chase Roullier to Redskins in 6th round.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow 0 Gophers as they go into the 7th rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL is mad at Gophers for firing Claeys. Boycotting Gopher players as a result.

I take credit for shaming the NFL into drafting a Gopher player. Curious is anyone else is picked. Thought Myrick would go sooner. I expect Travis and Pirsig (and maybe Leidner) to get some attention on the 4th day of the draft.

Wow - poignant for me that the Jaguars selection of Jalen Myrick is the first ever draft pick announced from England.

Sad to see Travis didn't get picked. He'll get a training camp shot somewhere, Pirsig too I'd bet

I expect Travis and Pirsig to land as a UDFA somewhere fairly quickly.

Leidner possibly also.

Why is that lady holding a sign that says P.J. Fleck Western Michigan!!?!?

Go Gophers!!

So "Big Money" Mitch is still looking? Say it aint so! Slick Rick seemed drunk at the wheel in this draft so maybe we'll sign him up.

SI review on Myrick pick:

No. 222 Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Myrick, Cornerback, Minnesota

Strengths: Speed, return capability, hips.

Weaknesses: Physicality, contested passes.

Myrick was the combine sprint champion among cornerbacks, with a 4.28 40. He plays to his speed and was outstanding at turning and running on deep routes. Myrick is also a capable return man, with darting moves to go with his breakaway speed.

Quarterbacks don't challenge Myrick often, but he does misplay or overrun some deep balls and can get outmuscled on 50-50s. He will never be a Cover 2 thumper and can get turned around on double moves, but he's alert in zone coverage, and speed is speed. It was surprising to still see Myrick on the board. Grade: Excellent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706570-2017-nfl-draft-grades-full-day-3-report-card

Go Gophers!!

So "Big Money" Mitch is still looking? Say it aint so! Slick Rick seemed drunk at the wheel in this draft so maybe we'll sign him up.

Wow...from first round to free agent. Leidner Island might be losing some residents eh Gaardsie?

Interesting note, Cedric Thompson's brother Tedric was drafted. As for the Mixon/Stoops discussion, the great Tom Osborne suspended Lawrence Phillips for only 6 games after he dragged a woman down the stairs by her hair and slammed her head into a mail box.

A little surprised that Travis went undrafted and Myrick went in round 7. Never been totally sold on Myrick's abilities but with the way the NFL is in love with speed I figured he would end up going higher.

Good deal for Travis to end up with New England as a consolation prize for not being drafted. I am sure someone will give Mitch a look as a possible free agent.

Because

Why is that lady holding a sign that says P.J. Fleck Western Michigan!!?!?

Because he coached Corey Davis at Western Michigan for his career. And he was invited by him to be there. For Corey Davis he was his coach. The sign is paying the man his props. What's not to get?

Plus, they had at least 3 guys drafted and 2 signed as free agents I believe.

Very happy for Jalen. He'll be close to his hometown, Savannah GA, and has a legitimate shot of playing time immediately.

Top Bottom