Shooter: It will be surprising if Jamie Verbrugge isn't new PA announcer at games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

It’ll be surprising if Jamie Verbrugge, who is public address announcer for Gophers football, hockey and wrestling, isn’t named the Gophers third PA voice for men’s basketball in 90 years, succeeding Dick Jonckowski, who had the job for the past 31 years. Jonckowski’s predecessor was Jules Perlt.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/0...-of-game-plan-in-twins-hot-start-falvey-says/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

It’ll be surprising if Jamie Verbrugge, who is public address announcer for Gophers football, hockey and wrestling, isn’t named the Gophers third PA voice for men’s basketball in 90 years, succeeding Dick Jonckowski, who had the job for the past 31 years. Jonckowski’s predecessor was Jules Perlt.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/0...-of-game-plan-in-twins-hot-start-falvey-says/

Go Gophers!!

He's the worst. The best PA announcer is the one you hardly notice. He makes himself part of the show, it drives me nuts.

He's the worst. The best PA announcer is the one you hardly notice. He makes himself part of the show, it drives me nuts.

Agreed, I would love a switch for football

Better than Dick having a voice crack every other announcement. That was embarrassing

Agreed, I would love a switch for football

Better than Dick having a voice crack every other announcement. That was embarrassing
You know - Dick was recovering from cancer, and frankly, I think he might have retired too soon. I thought he was better and stronger this year than last. Medical people often tell people they'll be as good as they're going to get after a year post-chemo, but that's BS. It's a multi-year recovery. That said, if he's ready to hang it up and enjoy life - that's fine.

What I like about attending the games is just enjoying the games, so I hope whoever they choose doesn't have to be The Big Deal. Dick was great - excited when we scored, and rather deadpan in reporting the player for the other team.

You know - Dick was recovering from cancer, and frankly, I think he might have retired too soon. I thought he was better and stronger this year than last. Medical people often tell people they'll be as good as they're going to get after a year post-chemo, but that's BS. It's a multi-year recovery. That said, if he's ready to hang it up and enjoy life - that's fine.

What I like about attending the games is just enjoying the games, so I hope whoever they choose doesn't have to be The Big Deal. Dick was great - excited when we scored, and rather deadpan in reporting the player for the other team.

Of course he's a homer, doesn't change the fact it's been pretty painful to listen to him for years now.

Top Bottom