7-0 when we roll into Iowa City....

I'm not sure how you're defining whether someone has a personality, but I'm pretty sure Les Miles has one.

Yeah that's a weird example..... Les has played the crazy guy card for years, and he has been pretty good at it.

I disagree, both Barry and Mark Dantonio have their own personality thing going on.

I really like Dantonio's thing:

That really had to excite the fanbase and boosters! I would imagine the "Go Green" at the end was cause for the ticket office to overload the system with calls for people wanting on that bandwagon.

1960: finished 8-2
also happened in 1941, 1940, 1935, 1934, 1905, 1904, 1903, and 1896

thank you for looking it up.

So according to Ruprecht and some posters, even though we haven't started 7-0 in 57 years, it's due to happen this year...

Year 1
With a new coach and staff
A new QB

1. I don't think away at Oregon State will be super easy, they looked way better as the year went on after our game last year... and we beat them by all of 7 last year.

2. MSU was a perennial contender for a bit, we have not been... one bad year and I wouldn't write them off as a gimmie for us... wtf?

Some of the other points I don't think are even positives.

I hope we go undefeated all year but I'm not sure that list is a good reason for it...

1. Were 4-8. Lost five of last seven.
2. Agree, definitely not a gimmie. At least a question mark with last season's performance and the current off-field situation.

That really had to excite the fanbase and boosters! I would imagine the "Go Green" at the end was cause for the ticket office to overload the system with calls for people wanting on that bandwagon.

I think you underestimate the love folks have for curmudgeon types at times.

I'm not sure how you're defining whether someone has a personality, but I'm pretty sure Les Miles has one.

So one example given we can disagree over, got it. Sure, he's said some weird stuff and had odd interviews, but overall, vanilla public personality. His engaging personality and media savvy are not things that come to mind for me when evaluating the success he's had.

Again, I'll take either as long as the wins happen.

1. I don't think away at Oregon State will be super easy, they looked way better as the year went on after our game last year... and we beat them by all of 7 last year.

2. MSU was a perennial contender for a bit, we have not been... one bad year and I wouldn't write them off as a gimmie for us... wtf?

Some of the other points I don't think are even positives.

I hope we go undefeated all year but I'm not sure that list is a good reason for it...

1. I'm going by what the OSU fans I talked with out in Arizona. Of the several I talked with, not one thought OSU would beat the Gophers.
2. The MSU game could be the toughest in the 7 game stretch. Just me, but I think MSU is on a downward spiral. Did you watch their Spring game? I did, and it was nothing that should strike fear in Gopherland. Plus, MSU hasn't played well at TCF.

thank you for looking it up.

So according to Ruprecht and some posters, even though we haven't started 7-0 in 57 years, it's due to happen this year...

Year 1
With a new coach and staff
A new QB

It's called optimism, you should try it.

He didn't say it was due to happen, he was expressing reasons why it could.

1. I'm going by what the OSU fans I talked with out in Arizona. Of the several I talked with, not one thought OSU would beat the Gophers.
2. The MSU game could be the toughest in the 7 game stretch. Just me, but I think MSU is on a downward spiral. Did you watch their Spring game? I did, and it was nothing that should strike fear in Gopherland. Plus, MSU hasn't played well at TCF.

1. They looked alright in their last two games + home field... we beat them by all of 7 last time coming off winning 2 games the previous season. Doesn't really take much to be better.

2. We're talking about MSU historical stats at TCF as a factor? wat?

I can guarantee you that if you judge our team based on the Spring Game, you'll think they will go 0-12. Those games are generally sloppy, especially with new coaches, sometimes they are glorified practices and usually don't prove a thing

Really? I watched them pound us at TCF the last time they were here.

Kind of like how the best season in 13 years grew the fan base and program interest into the lowest attendance since 2002?

Several threads on that. Beaten to death. But since you went there...If you have followed you would know the seat donations scheme was a huge part of the drop. Most doubled.

Couple that with a very underwhelming home line up with only 4 B1G games...Iowa, Rutgers, Purdue and NW.

I was a Kill/Claeys supporter who is now a Fleck supporter. I am a Gopher fan regardless of coach. 7-0 would be awesome! I don't know why folks want to be skeptical and wait before jumping on the bandwagon. I am a Gopher fan and I am all in rowing the boat just like my chili was hot and Jerrysota was my favorite t-shirt! Ski-U-Mah!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Yep me too. It's like politics for me. Gopher fan for life regardless of the situation. Always arguing the positive side of gophers

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The Gophers have won 4 of the last 5 meetings
in Minneapolis. Look it up

V0u0S54.gif

I don't get the injury knock on Pirsig either, I just don't know if he ever played up to his impressive physical gifts. He's got the model build for a pro OT and maybe pro coaching could get him a place in the league.

EDIT--Wrong thread!!!!!

If the schedule were reversed the headline could read......0-5 Rolling Out of Iowa City.........7-0 would be great but I am not going to put the cart before the horse here. I look forward to the OSU game and am going to take it one game at a time from there. I just hope we have enough healthy offensive lineman to get through the entire season. Go Gophers!

So Beavers can improve but Gophs can't?

Let's say they both improve, it's a road game that was a one score game in Minny. Gophs can improve but I think it's a toss up game any way you cut it. Think people are underestimating OSU. All I'm saying is it's going to be a tight game that could go either way. MN has new system, inexperienced QB, and it's very early in the year. I think this might be the toughest of their first 7 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, when you have a coach with a lesser personality and it's all about coaching, things tend to stay on a more even Kiel. When you have a strong personality like Fleck, the highs are higher and the lows can be lower. Bigger personality brings higher praise, but higher scrutiny.

IMO, when you have a coach with a lesser personality and it's all about coaching, things tend to stay on a more even Kiel. When you have a strong personality like Fleck, the highs are higher and the lows can be lower. Bigger personality brings higher praise, but higher scrutiny.

Ah- those Bison fans always get it right!

Let's say they both improve, it's a road game that was a one score game in Minny. Gophs can improve but I think it's a toss up game any way you cut it. Think people are underestimating OSU. All I'm saying is it's going to be a tight game that could go either way. MN has new system, inexperienced QB, and it's very early in the year. I think this might be the toughest of their first 7 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the Beavs are going to be pretty tough in Corvallis. I am really looking forward to that game.

Yeah I think the Beavs are going to be pretty tough in Corvallis. I am really looking forward to that game.

It should be a good test for the Gophers and an exciting game.
On the plus side we have a game before that, which should help get whoever the QB is along with any first time starters some good game reps prior to OSU. Give the team and coaches a chance to evaluate and correct any issues as well.
Since the first game is against Buffalo, we should be able to hold back some of what we do on both Off. and Def. that OSU will not be ready for.
OSU has two games, which gives us two chances to scout them and their personnel, while they will only have one game to look at what we do.

Top Bottom