Here are the 12 Gophers currently in NFL

West Fargo Gopher Fan

Section 114 Row 2
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I did this but there are currently 13 Gophers in the NFL. That number will grow this summer due to 90 man rosters and the draft. Contracts may or may not be guaranteed.

Briean Boddy-Calhoun
Cleveland Browns
Undrafted in 2016
Signed through 2018

De'Vondre Campbell
Atlanta Falcons
Fourth Round in 2016
Signed through 2019

David Cobb
Chicago Bears
Fifth Round in 2015
Signed a reserve future contract through 2017. Cobb was on the Bears practice squad last year.

Eric Decker
New York Jets
Third Round in 2010
Has two years left on a 5 yr/ $36,250,000. He is signed through 2018.

Isaac Fruechte
Minnesota Vikings
Undrafted in 2015
Fruechte is in the second year of a two year deal. He spent most of last season on the practice squad but was promoted to active roster on December 31st. He is signed through 2017.

MarQueis Gray
Miami Dolphins
Undrafted in 2013
Signed a two year extension last December. Gray is signed through 2018.

Ra'Shede Hageman
Atlanta Falcons
Second Round in 2014
Signed through 2017

K J Maye
Tennessee Titans
Undrafted in 2016
Signed reserve future contract through 2017

Eric Murray
Kansas City Chiefs
Fourth Round in 2016
Signed through 2019. Interesting note: Overthecap.com says Murrays contract is fully guaranteed.

Marcus Sherels
Minnesota Vikings
Undrafted in 2010
Signed through 2017

Cedric Thompson
Minnesota Vikings
Fifth Round in 2015
He was on the Vikings practice squad last season. The Vikings did resign Thompson to a reserve future contract for 2017.

Maxx Williams
Baltimore Ravens
Second Round in 2015
Signed through 2018

Damien Wilson
Dallas Cowboys
Fourth Round in 2015
Signed through 2018

Thanks Fargo... I'll guess 10 more Gophers go to training camps or mini camps. Let me know if I'm right come August. Ha Nice job on the list!

With rosters at 90 I think Jonah Persig will get a look as an undrafted free agent.
I've seen some reports that rate this years draft as being extremely thin at OL. That should give Jonah some chance of getting drafted in the late rounds.

KJ Maye Titans practice squad, futures contract.

With all the injuries, I wonder why they have to have a 53-man roster and only ten players on the practice squad.

Going from an 80-man to a 90-man roster will mean about 320 more players like Pirsig will get an opportunity for a look and evaluation. But, why not have 15 to 20 players on the practice squad instead of 10.

At the minimum $6,900 per week for practice squad players, that is chum change for a multi-million dollar franchise.

The late season injuries can derail a team's season like when Brett Favre and the Vikings lost to New Orleans in the playoffs. Team should be allowed to have enough reserve players.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2017-important-nfl-dates/

There, I fixed it for you.

A date that will live in infamy. The day it became clear the NFL will at times orchestrate certain story lines or it employs obviously incompetent or corrupt officials (and refuses to police itself in an appropriate manner).

This can't be right. It's not possible that more Gophers are drawing NFL paychecks than former Bison players.

West Coast Gopher Fan- Congrats on being up to the minute on your list. You did not include former Gopher defensive back Tramaine Brock, who was cut yesterday after a felony charge.

A date that will live in infamy. The day it became clear the NFL will at times orchestrate certain story lines or it employs obviously incompetent or corrupt officials (and refuses to police itself in an appropriate manner).

+1,000!

If i was a gambling man, and I am, I would bet that if you give PJ the same amount of years kill had he'll have more players in the NFL than 12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom