trivia question

Reaction score
Which coach had the shortest tenure as head coach for the Gopher football?

Thomas Peebles in 1883. 1-2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Fleck is the second WMU Football coach hired by Minnesota.

The first was William "Bill" Spaulding in 1922.

Interestingly Spaulding is the only other Bronco grid coach to leave for another head job.

Fleck is the second WMU Football coach hired by Minnesota.

The first was William "Bill" Spaulding in 1922.

Interestingly Spaulding is the only other Bronco grid coach to leave for another head job.

Cool stuff. Another interesting fact - two U of M alums have been the head football coach for WMU - Earl Martineau and Mike Gary (subsequently AD for 18 years). Both were awesome players for the Gophers.

Our PE-Recreation Center and Athletic Fundraising program, which has been consistently best in MAC, are both named for Mr. Gary.

He was HC of our last undefeated Football team (8-0, 1941).

I believe the only head coach the Gophers and NDSU Bison have in common is the late Jim Wacker.

I'll always love coach Wacker. Even though his Gopher tenure was terrible.

Outside of Lou Holtz, has a coach ever quit on the team as quick as Jerry Kill?

Outside of Lou Holtz, has a coach ever quit on the team as quick as Jerry Kill?

hot_take_house.jpg

Everyone knows we are allowed to ignore comments, right?

Anyone know the history/reasons (like did they coach again) for all the coaches leaving (or want to take the time to figure out)? Not a huge sample, but I'm betting it's different from what a lot people have in their heads.

Everyone knows we are allowed to ignore comments, right?

Anyone know the history/reasons (like did they coach again) for all the coaches leaving (or want to take the time to figure out)? Not a huge sample, but I'm betting it's different from what a lot people have in their heads.

Well that and most of the coaches were from a different era, wouldn't even be relevant.

Top Bottom