Fleck claims taking Gopher job was "a major pay cut'

Nothing is guaranteed in coaching. Neither Brewster nor Mason have been head coaches since they were fired. He certainly could make more money here over 10 years but he could fired after 3 and earn significantly less than $30M.

Well, I agree, I don't think there is anything guaranteed in coaching, but you're doing the math wrong.

Even if PJ gets canned after 3 seasons, he would still make more than 30 million over the next 10 years. He would still make money over the course of those 7 seasons. The money at the U and whatever job he has after the U (for 7 years under your hypothetical) would be greater than $30 million.

He will make more than 30 million over the next 10 years, unless something catastrophic happens. Frankly, he deserves to make more than $30 million. I don't begrudge the guy for getting paid to go after his dream. He was simply being disingenuous about a "pay cut". It's not a big deal. The creeps (not you) on here that feel the need to defend EVERYTHING about him, even blatant lies, is the weird part.

Haters to the left of me, apologists to the right. Here i am, stuck in the middle with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what the haters say....

w39lExI.gif

Completely over the loss of Tracy. I'm super pumped about PJ and I constantly talk him up. You all bring up Tracy and the old staff constantly. You are so obsessed with the old staff that you feel the need to reference them in a completely unrelated thread about PJ Fleck lying. He lied. Everyone can see that. It's not that big of deal, yet instead of just discuss it and move on. . .your weird crowd twists this into a PJ vs. Claeys convo. . . weird.

I couldn't be more bored with the constant Claeys vs Fleck pissing matches. It just happens to be the same handful of people that start every argument on this board, including this thread. They are always the biggest defenders of Claeys like yourself, and can't let it go.

I couldn't be more bored with the constant Claeys vs Fleck pissing matches. It just happens to be the same handful of people that start every argument on this board, including this thread. They are always the biggest defenders of Claeys like yourself, and can't let it go.

The main time I defended Claeys was during the scandal. As a football coach, you're out of your mind.

Did a "Claeys defender" bring up Claeys in this thread? No. One of your fellow Flecksters took a break from drawing hearts around pictures of PJ to bring up Claeys.

You girls shouldn't be whining about Claeys v Fleck pissing matches when YOU bring up Claeys in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

I've let it go. I never bring up Claeys. Again, you all keep bringing it up. Your bizarre girl crush on Fleck has left you delusional. Every small jab against Fleck isn't a Fleck vs. Claeys convo.

Well, I agree, I don't think there is anything guaranteed in coaching, but you're doing the math wrong.

Even if PJ gets canned after 3 seasons, he would still make more than 30 million over the next 10 years. He would still make money over the course of those 7 seasons. The money at the U and whatever job he has after the U (for 7 years under your hypothetical) would be greater than $30 million.

He will make more than 30 million over the next 10 years, unless something catastrophic happens. Frankly, he deserves to make more than $30 million. I don't begrudge the guy for getting paid to go after his dream. He was simply being disingenuous about a "pay cut". It's not a big deal. The creeps (not you) on here that feel the need to defend EVERYTHING about him, even blatant lies, is the weird part.

If he gets fired here after 3 years, meaning he would be an absolute disaster, he would make 13.5 million. He's then going to turn around and pick up either a lesser head coaching job or an assistant job that still pays him an average of more than 2.4 million per year? Wow, that makes a lot of sense....

And every small jab at Claeys has nothing to do with Fleck. When does the season start again? These non stop pissing matched are boring.

The main time I defended Claeys was during the scandal. As a football coach, you're out of your mind.

Did a "Claeys defender" bring up Claeys in this thread? No. One of your fellow Flecksters took a break from drawing hearts around pictures of PJ to bring up Claeys.

You girls shouldn't be whining about Claeys v Fleck pissing matches when YOU bring up Claeys in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

I've let it go. I never bring up Claeys. Again, you all keep bringing it up. Your bizarre girl crush on Fleck has left you delusional. Every small jab against Fleck isn't a Fleck vs. Claeys convo.

Is it an insult to be female? Really sheds light on your defense of rape culture.

These posts make my day.
The first TC vs PJF comment in this thread was in #124 - by...... GWG. Hmmm.
The next: 126. JB.
Then, 148: GWG again (maybe before you were bored with them).

I didn't mention Claeys. I simply mocked your idiotic comment and your obsession with calling people Flecksters while simultaneously being a Claeyster.

If he gets fired here after 3 years, meaning he would be an absolute disaster, he would make 12.5 million. He's then going to turn around and pick up either a lesser head coaching job or an assistant job that still pays him an average of more than 2.5 million per year? Wow, that makes a lot of sense....

I think he would be at $13.5 million.

Year 1 - $3.5
Year 2 - $3.5
Year 3 - $3.5
Buyout - $3 million

That is $13.5

30-13.5 = 16.5 million

So you're assuming in those 7 years that he never moves up again? Doesn't get paid again?

What he said wasn't disingenuous if you assume that he gets canned right away, he then doesn't get a job similar to the WMU and he also does horrible on his return to the MAC.

OR OR Like I said the first time "unless something catastrophic happens", he will make more than $30 million over the next 10 years. So yeah, if every worse possible scenario plays out, he might make slightly less than $30 million. Hence . . . why . . . I . . . put . . . that . . . caveat.

I couldn't be more bored with the constant Claeys vs Fleck pissing matches. It just happens to be the same handful of people that start every argument on this board, <b>including this thread. </b>They are always the biggest defenders of Claeys like yourself, and can't let it go.

These posts make my day.

These posts make my day.

Yeah because I called you out for pretty much calling him a lier. But you love PJ...

Yeah because I called you out for pretty much calling him a lier. But you love PJ...

What does me calling PJ a liar have to do with TC vs PJF conversations. That is what you accused others of starting, right?

I didn't mention Claeys. I simply mocked your idiotic comment and your obsession with calling people Flecksters while simultaneously being a Claeyster.

You did mention the "old staff" tho so let's not split hairs.
Hey, I simply agreed with GWG that the same people start the TC vs PJF debates including in this thread (just as he said). I even proved his claim with facts. I expected a thank you.

Everyone got that? GWG and JB are bored with the pissing matches. They refuse to lower themselves to that level.

What does me calling PJ a liar have to do with TC vs PJF conversations. That is what you accused others of starting, right?

Because any attack on their crush is personal and it MUST be coming from blind loyalty to Clayes. It MUST.

Hey, I simply agreed with GWG that the same people start the TC vs PJF debates including in this thread (just as he said). I even proved his claim with facts. I expected a thank you.

Yes, we know you start them it would be nice if you stopped.

You must have missed the below post. Wouldn't be like you to make things up...

Please stop making things up and starting pissing matched Spoofin.

Yes, we know you start them it would be nice if you stopped.

You must have missed the below post. Wouldn't be like you to make things up...

These posts make my day.

You get upset when people call you out for disliking PJ. But then you call him a liar, when he likely wasn't lying, and wonder why people call you out.

But as one of the biggest Tracy defenders, you're not trying to start any arguments by making negative stuff up...

I know, time heals everything. You guys will eventually get over the loss of Tracy.
The loss of Claeys is not what is bothersome. The lack of justice and truth telling from Kaler and Coyle is bothersome. Kaler and Coyle used Claeys as their scapegoat. That should bother you, but it doesn't.

You get upset when people call you out for disliking PJ. But then you call him a liar, when he likely wasn't lying, and wonder why people call you out.

But as one of the biggest Tracy defenders, you're not trying to start any arguments by making negative stuff up...

I see. Anytime I call out PJF for something what I am actually doing is comparing him to TC and starting a TC vs PJF debate. So in fact, you didn't start it here even tho you were the first to do it outright. I was covertly doing back on page 1. OK. That makes perfect sense.

BTW - I am glad PJF is our coach. Even tho what he said on the Rome show was absurd and disingenuous.

You don't like scented candles, row the boat, him talking about his contract, him talking about injuries, and his personality. Seems sort of "disingenuous" to keep say g that you like him don't you think? Some would even call you a "liar".

Potential? Western Michigan was working on a long term deal with him well before he was hired here. It's very likely he turned down a long term deal from them worth more money overall. But sure according to you, Spoofin, and others on this thread, he is a 'liar'....

He said it himself that he should have worded it differently. Never argued that. When you listen to him explain it, it makes plenty of sense. Unless you continue to search for reason's to dislike Fleck, which plenty on here continue to do.

Zero basis for your comment. None. He did not turn down anything at WMU because there was no written extension offer. Full stop.

You don't like scented candles, row the boat, him talking about his contract, him talking about injuries, and his personality. Seems sort of "disingenuous" to keep say g that you like him don't you think? Some would even call you a "liar".

Huh? I have said over and over that I am glad he is our coach - even prefer him over TC - but don't like his style. That includes his personality.
Why on earth would I need to agree with scented candles, RTB, and telling the truth about pay in order to like him as our coach? That's the problem JB - your need to defend any "injustice" against PJF and the assumption that if someone doesn't bow down to every goofy thing he does then they aren't a PJF fan.
Even PJ says his style isn't for everyone. He is OK with it. Why you and others aren't is puzzling to say the least.

Completely over the loss of Tracy. I'm super pumped about PJ and I constantly talk him up. You all bring up Tracy and the old staff constantly. You are so obsessed with the old staff that you feel the need to reference them in a completely unrelated thread about PJ Fleck lying. He lied. Everyone can see that. It's not that big of deal, yet instead of just discuss it and move on. . .your weird crowd twists this into a PJ vs. Claeys convo. . . weird.

It is weird. I want him to be wildly successful too but, alas, since I'm not breathless and googly eyed over Fleck's every move, I'm a hater. Go figure.

It is weird. I want him to be wildly successful too but, alas, since I'm not breathless and googly eyed over Fleck's every move, I'm a hater. Go figure.

Hey, I'm a hater and pro-rape so it could be worse.

JB's done it many, many other times directly. Pot meet kettle.

Zero basis for your comment. None. He did not turn down anything at WMU because there was no written extension offer. Full stop.

Right I'm sure you were right there in the office with PJ and the AD. But if it's not reported, it didn't happen right? That's your basis for everything.

Nah your a hater because you are the worst offender and the one who starts nearly every one of these arguments by repeating the same thing over and over again. Not to mention PJ was the last guy you wanted as the head coach because 'good coaches don't only win 1 game in their first season'. But according to you, you're only optimistic. Spoofin is actually tolerable most of the time, you're just delusional.

You and Bob want some sort of medal for not being as big of fan as Fleck as others? You guys seem really proud of it. I can make you one.

Top Bottom