Indiana 2017-18

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/4/5...igibility-with-indiana-womens-basketball.aspx

Former Kenisha Bell Marquette teammate, Tia Elbert is forgoing her final two seasons of eligibility.

Indiana Women's Basketball redshirt sophomore Tia Elbert has announced her decision to forgo her final two seasons of eligibility and graduate early.

"This was a really difficult decision to make, as I am truly thankful for the opportunity to wear an Indiana uniform," Elbert said. "This is a choice I'm making based to complete my degree in the fall of 2017 and move back to my family in Minnesota sooner rather than later. I would like to thank the IU women's basketball program for the past two season and wish the team the best going forward."

Following a redshirt season in 2015-16 after transferring from Marquette, Elbert appeared in 31 games for Indiana last season. She scored a season-high ten points against Valparaiso and dished out a season-high five assists against Vanderbilt. She tallied 47 points in her one season at Indiana, playing an average of 6.7 minutes per game with a career-high 22 minutes against Northern Kentucky and Valparaiso. Elbert was also named a 2016-17 Academic All-Big Ten selection, holding a weighted 3.9 GPA in the Kelley School of Business.

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/4/19/ria-gulley-to-transfer-from-indiana-womens-basketball.aspx

The Hoosiers lose Ria Gulley. She was a very useful player.

– Indiana freshman guard Ria Gulley has elected to transfer from the women's basketball program, announced today.

"Ria met with me and expressed her desire to leave Indiana to move closer to her family," Indiana head coach Teri Moren said. "We are grateful for the contributions she made to our program and wish her well in her future endeavors."

Gulley, a San Antonio, Texas native, appeared in 32 games for the Hoosiers in 2016-17 and made five starts. She averaged 3.1 points per game, 37.4 percent from the floor and averaged 13.6 minutes per game.

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/06/iuwbb-darby-foresman-leaves-iu-womens-basketball/

Darby Foresman leaves Indiana:

Forward Darby Foresman has left the Indiana women’s basketball team.

Foresman, who would have been a sophomore next season, makes for the Hoosiers’ fourth departure of the offseason. Freshman guard Ria Gulley is transferring to Liberty, and sophomore guards Tia Elbert and Laken Wairau left the team but remain at the university as students.

Foresman, a 6-foot-3 forward from Indianapolis, is leaving the team for “personal reasons,” according to a statement from the program...

...While the Hoosiers have added two big-name transfers this offseason in Brenna Wise (Pittsburgh) and Ali Patberg (Notre Dame), their bench is thinning. Moren will return only four players with substantial court experience in 2017-18.

Two of the Hoosiers’ returnees are All-Big Ten players Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill, but those seniors will be supported by sophomore forward Bre Wickware, junior forward Kym Royster and five incoming freshmen. Foresman, who represented Heritage Christian as an Indiana All-Star last summer, certainly would have had an opportunity for increased playing time in ’17-18.

Without Foresman, there will be pressure on Royster or freshman Linsey Marchese to play substantial minutes alongside Cahill, because starting center Jenn Anderson has graduated.

Top Bottom