Tubby runs the Lawson brothers out of Memphis!

I guess they're looking at this as signing day...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably because today is the first day of the national spring signing period.

KJ Lawson with an explicit snap chat video to Tubby.

Go Gophers!!

KJ Lawson with an explicit snap chat video to Tubby.

Go Gophers!!

Seems like a classy kid. I can see why he wouldn't get along with Tubby.

Can anyone provide subtitles for that Lawson soliloquy:confused:

Poor Tubby

Are we really that surprise? He's was a good coach but still very old school and he's at a place were discipline was an issue with Calipari and Pastner. It will be tough for him to recover from losing these players but it is possible to recover if they can get some transfers in or work the juco ranks

Not a good coach. Lazy Mofo who stopped working after he won a NC with another coaches recruits. Doesn't mean he is a bad person but he is lazy as all hell and wants people to bow down to his NC

Not a good coach. Lazy Mofo who stopped working after he won a NC with another coaches recruits. Doesn't mean he is a bad person but he is lazy as all hell and wants people to bow down to his NC

He's certainly not the greatest coach in the world, but you don't turn Texas Tech around in 3 years by being lazy.

Yes, Tubby is too loyal to his staff, most of us realize that, but I give him a ton of credit for not kowtowing to Father Lawson. One thing that can't be questioned is Tubby's integrity. Cheers to Tubby for washing his hands of the Lawsons by not kissing the back side of Papa Lawson. Good riddance.

Yes, Tubby is too loyal to his staff, most of us realize that, but I give him a ton of credit for not kowtowing to Father Lawson. One thing that can't be questioned is Tubby's integrity. Cheers to Tubby for washing his hands of the Lawsons by not kissing the back side of Papa Lawson. Good riddance.

Agreed that Tubby has integrity. I've always hated when coaches hire a player's dad and saw it as short sighted since it was only for one player, however, according to Gary Parrish, if Lawson did nothing but get commitments from those related to him, he would have brought in five top-55 national recruits. If an assistant's main job is recruiting, doesn't that seem worth it? If Keelon Lawson and/or all those family members are really shady people, then maybe it was worth getting rid of them, but if not, I think Tubby made a mistake.

I'm aware of the video of the kids saying "F Tubby", but were they causing problems before that? Or did they just make one stupid mistake after their dad lost his job? I don't know.

Agreed that Tubby has integrity. I've always hated when coaches hire a player's dad and saw it as short sighted since it was only for one player, however, according to Gary Parrish, if Lawson did nothing but get commitments from those related to him, he would have brought in five top-55 national recruits. If an assistant's main job is recruiting, doesn't that seem worth it? If Keelon Lawson and/or all those family members are really shady people, then maybe it was worth getting rid of them, but if not, I think Tubby made a mistake.

I'm aware of the video of the kids saying "F Tubby", but were they causing problems before that? Or did they just make one stupid mistake after their dad lost his job? I don't know.

"Low Energy Tubby", exacerbated by having "No Direction in Life" Saul on staff. No thanks. No work ethic does not equate to integrity; it is basically robbing your employer

I guess they're looking at this as signing day...

SMH at "Jacka*s Joe" Low energy slacker dude who is positioning himself as a scheduling guru

Discipline

Are we really that surprise? He's was a good coach but still very old school and he's at a place were discipline was an issue with Calipari and Pastner. It will be tough for him to recover from losing these players but it is possible to recover if they can get some transfers in or work the juco ranks

It would be impossible to recruit the level of talent Calipari acquires and then have team success without discipline. You don't think that level of talent have egos of enormous proportions? To blend them into a successful basketball team is only possible with discipline. It's possible to have discipline but still have some flexibility.

I don't follow Pastner as closely but he had nice season too. Can't coach winning basketball teams without discipline. imo

Top Bottom