Mike Farrell: P.J. Fleck "is selling the Gophers program unlike anyone in years."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Mike Farrell: P.J. Fleck "is selling the Gophers program unlike anyone in years."

per Farrell:

It’s early, I know, but there are some recruiting classes being put together that are surprising for one reason or another. Whether it’s that the team stunk a year ago or hasn’t recruited on this level in quite some time (or ever), it doesn’t really matter does it? Here are five that are surprising me the most:

5. Minnesota – Tough call here between Minnesota and Northwestern as both are off to very good and surprising starts, but I’ll go with PJ Fleck, who is selling the Gophers program unlike anyone in years.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-crossing-state-borders-surprising-2018-classes

Go Gophers!!

I don't know about that, Brewster sold the program at a similar level his first year.

His column picture alone makes me skeptical...and pretty thin on any details. How is Washington not on this list instead?

His column picture alone makes me skeptical...and pretty thin on any details. How is Washington not on this list instead?

What has Washington done that's surprising coming off a national semi final appearance?

What has Washington done that's surprising coming off a national semi final appearance?

What have we done that's so surprising, given we're building brand new facilities, have the excitement of a new coach, coming off a nine win season and have a bunch of three stars to show for it?

Pissing match starting in 3. 2. 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good positive publicity for the Gophers. Can only help with recruiting the rest of the '18 class.
What the heck is Kansas selling? Two kids in his top 10 and the number 2 recruiting story.

How many years ago was that?

9-10 years I guess. My impression of when someone says something has been done that hasn't been done "in years" refers to a longer time period, but it's subjective.

Let's wait till we get within, I don't know, say 9-months of signing day before we start comparing. JC.

As far as starts go for Wash, it's been elite. Three times as many commits compared to the same time last year, with five being 4-star. Had 7 total 4-star commits last year. Only seven teams currently have a higher AVG star rating. Second in PAC-12 right now.

As far as starts go for Wash, it's been elite. Three times as many commits compared to the same time last year, with five being 4-star. Had 7 total 4-star commits last year. Only seven teams currently have a higher AVG star rating. Second in PAC-12 right now.

That's what happens after making the college football playoffs and having one of the best coaches in college football. Not surprising at all.

That's what happens after making the college football playoffs and having one of the best coaches in college football. Not surprising at all.

If he puts Penn St and ND on the list, don't see how Wash would be considered less surprising.

I don't know about that, Brewster sold the program at a similar level his first year.

Partly because he was a year removed from a new stadium and his blow hard "we are going to the Rose Bowl" talk.

Other than all that Nike money, and hiring Chip Kelly, there is no reason Oregon should be a power in the Pac 12, at least ahead of Washington. Now that UW has the right coach and has fixed the stadium, they could put their foot on Oregon's throat, pushing Oregon back to their traditional spot below them.

Minnesota and Washington have a lot of similarities in terms of metro area size, school size, academics, political leanings, campus/ culture and football tradition including some shared history. I have often wished that we were playing Washington once in a while. . The difference of course is that Don James created an incredible dynasty, while Minnesota withered, and Slick Rick Nuehisel and maybe one other coach had great success until the recent pre- Petersen drought.

Did Tim Brewster ever "sell" his program enough to ESPN to where they inked a four-episode deal with the football program?

Did Tim Brewster ever "sell" his program enough to ESPN to where they inked a four-episode deal with the football program?

How much did your PJF Fat Head cost?

I'm waiting for Wayne Rogers' take. He was the original.

Partly because he was a year removed from a new stadium and his blow hard "we are going to the Rose Bowl" talk.

Fleck is a year away from opening new facilities, but he skips the part about Rose Bowls and has talked about winning a national championship. Maybe that's the difference.

Fleck is a year away from opening new facilities, but he skips the part about Rose Bowls and has talked about winning a national championship. Maybe that's the difference.

He did take a pay cut, so.........

Until Fleck rides into a high school game on a helicopter, I'm not impressed.

Top Bottom