Gophers a #6 for initial 2017-18 Lunardi Bracketology

Not thinking much of the B1G next year. Interesting.

LOL IU is not getting in, Maryland will be top four in the league., Sparty will be a one or a two seed next year. I think the Gophers will be a three or a four. I think NW, Maryland and Purdue will be in the 5-7 range, I think Iowa, Michigan and Wisconsin will all be in the 8-10 range. Though I could see Michigan climbing if Wagner and Wilson stay

So this is someone throwing darts at a wall for something 330+ days away. I wonder where Joe had us seeded last year at this time?

Is Bridges for sure not coming back? I've seen polls that have MSU top 5 overall and he has them as a 7 seed?

If Bridges comes back Sparty will be a heavy favorite in the B1G. And probably a 1 or 2 seed in the tourney. I don't really understand the order of the B1G seeds, but I get why there aren't and 1-3 seeds. If Bridges isn't back it's hard to see a team that will be a legit national title contender. Assuming Bridges leaves I'd go with the following seed projections:

Mich St 3-4
Minnesota 4-5
Michigan 5-7
NW 5-7
Purdue 6-8
Wisconsin 8-10

Maryland and Indiana could certainly be in the mix as well. Either of them could jump into Wisconsin's spot, but as much as it pains me I'll give the Badgers the benefit of the doubt for now based on their recent history. I do think it's kind of silly to do Bracketology before even knowing what rosters will look like and not having played any games. But I suppose ESPN will do what they have to do to get clicks.

So this is someone throwing darts at a wall for something 330+ days away. I wonder where Joe had us seeded last year at this time?

They are especially silly because the kind of teams that project to be at-larges are also the kind of teams most active in both the grad transfer and coaching carousel recruit poaching of spring. These are just for clicks. It would be interesting, though, how well the one that gets released before Halloween holds up.

They are especially silly because the kind of teams that project to be at-larges are also the kind of teams most active in both the grad transfer and coaching carousel recruit poaching of spring. These are just for clicks. It would be interesting, though, how well the one that gets released before Halloween holds up.

Here's the link to Lunardi's final projection before the start of the 2016-17 season. Correctly projected 42 of the 68 (61.7%) teams. That's not a bad percentage.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/126

Top Bottom