The Ringer: The (Still) Awesome Life of Dick Vitale

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per The Ringer:

ESPN’s indefatigable college basketball evangelist doesn’t take vacations, hasn’t eaten dinner at home in a decade, and still feels like a diaper dandy. But how long will 77-year-old Dickie V be a PTP-er for the Worldwide Leader?

https://theringer.com/amp/p/50fd4c4b89ff?gi=6faee57b8b52

Go Gophers!!

I know that some people get annoyed with him, but I've always loved his enthusiasm & passion.

Story time: My parents met him at a small restaurant in the Tampa area that he owned. Sat down & talked with them for 30 minutes. He had written a children's ABC book, or at least allowed his name to be put on it. Goofy stuff, like the pages were "A is for Awesome, "B is for Basketball," "C is for Champion, You're a Champion Baby!" Goofy stuff like that. He gave them a copy of it & signed the J page as my parents told them the name of my son. Said that he couldn't have been a nicer guy! Often times that gets thrown around, but in this instance, it was the truth.

Whether you like him or not, no one can question his passion and energy. Have met him once tailgating at Notre Dame. His daughters went there, and he still goes to many of the football games. The article pretty much nails it. He was talking to everyone, and he's exactly the same in person as he is on TV.

Top Bottom