Rutgers 2017-2018

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
Per Raoul on Twitter:

Shrita Parker, Kandiss Barber, Ashli Jeune and Aliyah Jeune are all transferring.

Anyone else think it might be time for Stringer to hang it up? Rutgers program seems to be falling apart.

I count 16 on their roster from last season, with a recruiting class of at least one in 2017. Not enough scholarships for all of those people, for sure.

I count 16 on their roster from last season, with a recruiting class of at least one in 2017. Not enough scholarships for all of those people, for sure.

I was @ the Rutgers game here this year and was shocked how poorly they played. We sat opposite of our season tickets behind their bench and C. Vivian was fairly apathetic and seemed burnt out. Definitely, looks like she should call it a career.

I was @ the Rutgers game here this year and was shocked how poorly they played. We sat opposite of our season tickets behind their bench and C. Vivian was fairly apathetic and seemed burnt out. Definitely, looks like she should call it a career.
I don't see any other way to look at it than that she (and Tyler Scaife, whose redshirt year I keep hoping will not be granted) tanked the last season and basically gave up on all of these young women who are transferring. She was as you describe during every game I saw. They lost to Wisconsin, for crying out loud! If I were the one recruit she has coming in, I'd be taking a serious look at the way that team functioned last season.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball..._from_rutgers_womens_basketball_team_tra.html

Another player departs:

Three months after four players announced their intentions to transfer out of the Rutgers women's basketball program, a fifth Scarlet Knight defected from coach C. Vivian Stringer's squad.

DaChe Williams, a 6-2 guard who averaged 1.0 points while appearing in the final 10 games last season, has transferred, according to a statement released by the Rutgers athletics program Tuesday.

Despite the rash of transfers, Stringer pointed to three players who will make their Rutgers debuts in 2017-18 after transferring last season as a reason for optimism. Stasha Carey (Pittsburgh), Ciani Cryor (Georgia Tech) and Kathleen Fitzpatrick (St. Joseph's) all sat out under NCAA rules as the Scarlet Knights dropped their final 11 games last winter.

Stringer is expected to announce her 2017 recruiting class in the coming weeks, with Illinois forward Jada Wright (the 84th best recruit nationally, according to ESPN.com) and guard Mael Gilles (a member of the junior Canadian National Team) highlighting the incoming group.

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/inde...tringer_inks_4-year_extension_does_rutge.html

Details on C. Vivian Stringer's contract extension with Rutgers.

During a 1:30 p.m. teleconference Thursday, the Rutgers Board of Governors unanimously approved a four-year contract extension with C. Vivian Stringer that will guarantee the Hall of Fame women’s basketball coach $3.4 million in salary from the university through the 2020-21 season...

...In addition to a base salary that starts at $775,000 this season and increases to $925,000 in Year 4, Stringer is eligible for up to $690,000 in annual-bonus compensation based on the Scarlet Knights’ academic and team success.

Rutgers cracked the AP Top 25 at #21 this week. Gophers travel to Piscataway on Saturday for a BTN game.

Let's hope the Gophers play their best on BTN games

Top Bottom