Gaelin Elmore visiting Oklahoma

Good luck to the young man, I wish him the best. I was involved in a corporate takeover and the new bosses were nothing like the old ones. I left, didn't like the culture. It happens, no one to blame.

For those saying he is quitting on his teammates, he is graduating.
If he were to just choose not to play and go find a job or enter the NFL draft, would you still feel like he's quitting?

GE is a good person. I wish nothing but the best for good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those saying he is quitting on his teammates, he is graduating.
If he were to just choose not to play and go find a job or enter the NFL draft, would you still feel like he's quitting?

Personally I have mix emotions on all of this. Yes he is graduating but he has an opportunity to play for the U one more year. He has chosen to leave his teammates to play elsewhere. I just wish I knew what he was really thinking. Personally I believe only his inner circle knows what it is going on.

Personally I have mix emotions on all of this. Yes he is graduating but he has an opportunity to play for the U one more year. He has chosen to leave his teammates to play elsewhere. I just wish I knew what he was really thinking. Personally I believe only his inner circle knows what it is going on.

I think people are over-complicating this. Elmore was loyal to Kill/Claeys, upset about what happened last fall and has the opportunity to play elsewhere now that he's graduated. It is a bummer he's not more loyal to the college than to the coach, but it's his choice and it doesn't make him a bad person.

I think people are over-complicating this. Elmore was loyal to Kill/Claeys, upset about what happened last fall and has the opportunity to play elsewhere now that he's graduated. It is a bummer he's not more loyal to the college than to the coach, but it's his choice and it doesn't make him a bad person.

I agree, it's not complicated. I didn't get my graduate degree from the U, how does that make me less loyal? The U is my school. I think it's like that with most...undergrad is the school.

Per The Football Brainiacs, Elmore plans to visit five schools before making a decision, and OU will be the first. West Virginia and South Carolina are also in the mix for his services.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.c...-transfer-gaelin-elmore-to-visit-this-weekend

Go Gophers!!

Why would he want to transfer to one of those schools if he still wants to play football?

Why would he want to transfer to one of those schools if he still wants to play football?

Why would you want him at MN if you think he can't play? [emoji33]

Gaelin has earned the right to choose where he wants to play, regardless of your whining.

He was pretty direct. Said the new system wasn't for him, but was ok with how he was treated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leaving doesn't make him a bad person, but he's quitting on his teammates and the university that gave him an opportunity. I don't think we should deify him. Or even commend him.

He earned his degree get over it

Why would you want him at MN if you think he can't play? [emoji33]

Gaelin has earned the right to choose where he wants to play, regardless of your whining.

Who said I wanted him at Minnesota?

I'm kind of with John Galt on this one. Why are people saying this a great story and congratulating Elmore? Sure wish him the best, he doesn't have to be vilified, but a great story? I don't get that.

I'm kind of with John Galt on this one. Why are people saying this a great story and congratulating Elmore? Sure wish him the best, he doesn't have to be vilified, but a great story? I don't get that.

Seriously? He graduated. Do you know his history?

I like Gaelin, easy kid to root for. I am a little surprised that an OU would be recruiting him. Maybe he was misused in our system? Not a player that ever stood out to me, although I'm sure he was solid at the little things.

God there are a number of awful people in this thread. Good luck to Elmore

I guess I don't hold him in that much esteem. Seems to me like he is quitting on his university - quitting on his teammates - and the least, quitting on his fans who cheered and supported him these past years. Being able to adjust to new circumstances(new coaches) is a big step in developing employable skills. I don't think this attitude - quitting the team- would fly with the NFL.

LOLOLOLOL

What's hilarious is that when I went to college about 20-40% (guessing) of people I knew either transferred in, transferred out, or took classes elsewhere at some point. To call someone a 'quitter' because they decide to have a change of scenery is just the epitome of sports fan idiocy. There is NO other situation other than sports where anyone would even fix their mouth to say something that stupid. Elmore wasn't on a 'team' scholarship. He didn't shirk on any of the things he agreed to when he received his individual scholarship and is free to pursue other opportunities. His bosses were all fired. Their bosses did things he felt were wrong and directly affected him. He in no way 'quit' anything because there was nothing to 'quit'. He wasn't obligated to the school by rule. Man some of you just have no common sense.

What's hilarious is that when I went to college about 20-40% (guessing) of people I knew either transferred in, transferred out, or took classes elsewhere at some point. To call someone a 'quitter' because they decide to have a change of scenery is just the epitome of sports fan idiocy. There is NO other situation other than sports where anyone would even fix their mouth to say something that stupid. Elmore wasn't on a 'team' scholarship. He didn't shirk on any of the things he agreed to when he received his individual scholarship and is free to pursue other opportunities. His bosses were all fired. Their bosses did things he felt were wrong and directly affected him. He in no way 'quit' anything because there was nothing to 'quit'. He wasn't obligated to the school by rule. Man some of you just have no common sense.

Agreed.

+41

People that disagree with you have no common sense... great take!

LOL. Fleckophilia at its best.

Here here! +1 for me too. Can't fault the kid, he came because of Kill...and I was happy as hell because Becky wanted him and didn't get him! Then he lost Kill and stuck with Claeys but then he loses him and gets PJF which let's be honest everyone he may not be everyone's cup of tea. He didn't quit on the U, the U changed what he signed up for in my opinion. Best of luck to the young man, I hope he finds great success at his next stop.

Just imagine what some would say if Gaelin had been divorced!

Top Bottom