Gaelin Elmore visiting Oklahoma

never will, but good luck to him. hope he does well there, but i'll still wish he was still here. playing for ecu will not help his draft stock much, if at all.

You are supposed to trade up for a grad transfer.

Maybe he just didn't want to play for PJ. I don't get his choice of where to go, but I wish him luck. Wish he would have stuck around, could have used the depth.

You are supposed to trade up for a grad transfer.

ECU isn't closer to home, doesn't have better graduate school options than the U, and won't get him more exposure for the NFL. The only thing it can ostensibly offer him is more playing time and a different coaching staff. Maybe Fleck really rubbed him the wrong way.

Maybe he thought he could trade up to one of the big boys, and then discovered too late that he couldn't. I am guessing PJ Fleck wouldn't take a guy like that back when he is trying to build a "culture". IMO Gaelin gambled and lost.

Maybe Philip Nelson talked him into going there.

By all accounts GE loved Kill and staff. Just like when management changes at a job, some people just want to move on and start over. Not always for a better job but for a change of scenery. Could be the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never will, but good luck to him. hope he does well there, but i'll still wish he was still here. playing for ecu will not help his draft stock much, if at all.

Draft stock? Lol

Good luck to Gaelin. He seems like a class act. I hope he has a blast playing football for one more year.

ECU isn't closer to home, doesn't have better graduate school options than the U, and won't get him more exposure for the NFL. The only thing it can ostensibly offer him is more playing time and a different coaching staff. Maybe Fleck really rubbed him the wrong way.

Maybe he thought he could trade up to one of the big boys, and then discovered too late that he couldn't. I am guessing PJ Fleck wouldn't take a guy like that back when he is trying to build a "culture". IMO Gaelin gambled and lost.

Nothing but good vibes for Elmore in his future pursuits. He seems like a class individual. But I suspect the above quote is closest to the truth. I'd be very surprised if East Carolina was on his wish list when he decided to transfer.

Not sure why Elmore has become a pirate ... don't know what his reasons aaaaarrrrrrreeeee?

(Sorry - one of my favourite pirate jokes)

Not sure why Elmore has become a pirate ... don't know what his reasons aaaaarrrrrrreeeee?

(Sorry - one of my favourite pirate jokes)

Rumor is that his favorite restaurant is aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrby's.

Rumor is that his favorite restaurant is aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrby's.

Long John Silvers

By all accounts GE loved Kill and staff. Just like when management changes at a job, some people just want to move on and start over. Not always for a better job but for a change of scenery. Could be the case here.

This analogy doesn't really work well with a senior who will be finishing up his eligibility in 8 months.

This analogy doesn't really work well with a senior who will be finishing up his eligibility in 8 months.

Agree. Sorry GE but an emotional decision that is actually not in your best interest. Hell, we all made them.

He had it down to AZ and ECU. Neither significantly closer to home, neither real powerhouses, maybe they both have really good programs in whatever he wants his degree in? Otherwise I really don't get it...

There's more to life than football. Gaelin had a very close relationship with Gerry Kill and the previous staff. It would be very easy to interpret Fleck and Coyle's, constant harping on 'change the culture', as a put down of the previous staff. There is no way I would stay in a position, if my family was insulted every day, I believe that is the situation with Gaelin Elmore.

There's more to life than football. Gaelin had a very close relationship with Gerry Kill and the previous staff. It would be very easy to interpret Fleck and Coyle's, constant harping on 'change the culture', as a put down of the previous staff. There is no way I would stay in a position, if my family was insulted every day, I believe that is the situation with Gaelin Elmore.

If someone felt the way you describe they're hard time in life in general if they take things that way, that hard.

Top Bottom