Gaelin Elmore visiting Oklahoma

Yet you are whining. If it doesn't matter then you're just trolling.

How am I whining? I don't think he's that great of a d end and I don't think he'll play much at those programs. That's not whining, that's just my honest opinion. It doesn't make me upset that he left the Gophers because that's his right. Why are you so butt hurt by my opinion? You can disagree with me whether he's a starting caliber DE that will get much playing time at those programs, my opinion is he won't.

People that disagree with you have no common sense... great take!

No, people that make intellectually ridiculous statements about 'quitting' that are indefensible and don't correlate to any other aspect of life have no common sense if they can't wrap their minds around the truth that their point makes no sense.

No, people that make intellectually ridiculous statements about 'quitting' that are indefensible and don't correlate to any other aspect of life have no common sense if they can't wrap their minds around the truth that their point makes no sense.

Was Gaelin Elmore part of the Minnesota football team as of this spring? Did he voluntarily choose to leave early (i.e. quit playing for the U) and play for another University?

Was Gaelin Elmore part of the Minnesota football team as of this spring? Did he voluntarily choose to leave early (i.e. quit playing for the U) and play for another University?

Define early. Did he graduate? - Yes

If someone quits their job is it viewed negatively? Not usually.
GE did what was best for him w/in the rules everyone agreed to. Not sure how that could reflect negatively on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just imagine what some would say if Gaelin had been divorced!

Don't be so harsh. If he apologized to you and me and everyone else for getting divorced, then we're allowed to tolerate him. Otherwise, forget it.

Arizona football: Wildcats interested in Minnesota grad transfer Gaelin Elmore

In the Arizona Wildcats’ never-ending quest to put together a somewhat decent defensive line, the coaching staff appears to be going after an experienced body for this upcoming season.

Minnesota Golden Gophers grad transfer Gaelin Elmore said on Twitter that he has received an offer from U of A. He will be visiting Tucson on Friday.

Last season, Elmore had 16 tackles (4 TFL), 1.5 sacks, and recovered three fumbles according to his Minnesota bio. At 6-foot-6 and 275 pounds, he would come to Arizona and immediately be the tallest player on the Wildcats’ defensive line, which could be an interesting addition to the edge.

Elmore announced his intention to transfer on March 23rd, and was originally going to visit Oklahoma this weekend. He was supposed to go to South Carolina on April 14th, but has since moved that up to this Sunday.

Coming out of high school, Elmore was a three-star tight end, and was ranked as the 27th-best tight end in the entire 2014 recruiting class. According to Sports Reference, he picked up four sacks, four pass deflections, four fumble recoveries and 39 tackles in his three seasons as a Golden Gopher.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/footba...-transfer-gaelin-elmore-visit-date-set-tucson

Go Gophers!!

He has the potential to be an NFL player. Too bad he has decided to transfer. Good kid. He won the much deserved Wilma Rudolph Award as a Gopher. He overcame a lot. What came down with Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys plus the boycott must have affected him emotionally. Maybe, that is the reason he wants to start anew somewhere.

He has the potential to be an NFL player. Too bad he has decided to transfer. Good kid. He won the much deserved Wilma Rudolph Award as a Gopher. He overcame a lot. What came down with Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys plus the boycott must have affected him emotionally. Maybe, that is the reason he wants to start anew somewhere.

His actual explanation was pretty clear.

Is Elmore coming back, orrrr what's the deal with his tweet?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not getting my hopes up. However it might be in his best interest (and ours) if he would just sit down with the new DC and PJ and talk about his role in the 2017 Gopher football team. He might be surprised. Plus less problem with the logistics of moving, new teammates, new digs, etc..

Have heard that this has no legs and Elmore is gone.

If someone quits their job is it viewed negatively? Not usually.
GE did what was best for him w/in the rules everyone agreed to. Not sure how that could reflect negatively on him.

Couldn't agree more. He was nothing but class while he was here. Graduate transfers are part of college athletics, and one that benefits the players. Hope he has a big season and plays on Sundays.

will be announcing my commitment this Friday &#55357;&#56842;&#55357;&#56842; God is good! (Rival pay site)

Who cares what Elmore does, the guy is a quitter. Now Springs, Lynch and the guy from Louisville, now those guys are transfers, not quitters....dog gone it.

Who cares what Elmore does, the guy is a quitter. Now Springs, Lynch and the guy from Louisville, now those guys are transfers, not quitters....dog gone it.

You need to work on your trolling...way too obvious.

Elmore down to Arizona and East Carolina:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

So Oklahoma, West Virginia, and South Carolina didn't work out? Shocking! Where's my pal Mennosota?

So Oklahoma, West Virginia, and South Carolina didn't work out? Shocking! Where's my pal Mennosota?

Maybe they would have taken him, but he is looking for a place where he knows he will start and get the most PT for his final year?

Maybe they would have taken him, but he is looking for a place where he knows he will start and get the most PT for his final year?

Doesn't that kind of reinforce Some Days point?

Doesn't that kind of reinforce Some Days point?

Depends. I took his post as him being "shocked" (sarcasm) that those schools didn't want him.

Depends. I took his post as him being "shocked" (sarcasm) that those schools didn't want him.

A lot of schools will throw a bone to grad transfers. There is very little to lose if you have open scholarships. Why not take a guy for 6 months similar to what we did with Eric Amoako? The fact that Elmore would "choose" ECU and Arizona is somewhat telling with regards to where he stands with the other schools. Or maybe he just really like the communications department at ECU...

I still would like his own version why he left. With all political correct language aside.

Top Bottom