Why Lucia Needs to go

north45

Reaction score
In the 2004 movie Miracle, Kurt Russell who played Herb Brooks was asked why he'd had left some of the best players off the roster. His responds was, " I don't want the best players. I want the right players!" I don't know if Herb Brooks actually said that or not but he definitely knew how to put together the right mix of players. Thats something Don Lucia doesn't seem able to do. The Gophers had 13 NHL draft choices on their roster this year. Quite a few more than any other team that reached the regional playoffs.
Yet, once again the Gophers were an uninspired hockey team and lost a game they should have won. I watched most of the Ohio State vs UMD game. Ohio State played a really good game. They outplayed UMD pretty significantly especially late in the game. The UMD goalie robbed them of at least 3 goals. He won the game for UMD. Ohio State played gutsy inspired hockey. I don't recall the last time I saw a Lucia team play like that. He seems incapable of bringing a talent laden team up to it's potential when it counts.
It's past time to show Don the door!

Top Bottom