P.J. Fleck says his goal is to expand TCF Bank Stadium to 85,000 seats in 3 years!

You have to admit that by adding a third deck we would become a higher echelon program.

At the end of the day, there is no problem in making this a goal. Even if it seems unreachable. Its not like the U will actually expand if the demand isn't there, but making it a goal and trying to get people excited for that possibility doesn't hurt.

Gotta give Fleck credit, he states his goals and dreams instead of keeping them in his head. Let's fill up TCF for at least 3 games before we expand though. Charge every student at the U $200 for mandatory season tickets. BTW that new Vikings stadium has bathroom issues, narrow corridors and if your sitting upper deck you are a long way down to the concessions.

Gotta give Fleck credit, he states his goals and dreams instead of keeping them in his head. Let's fill up TCF for at least 3 games before we expand though. Charge every student at the U $200 for mandatory season tickets. BTW that new Vikings stadium has bathroom issues, narrow corridors and if your sitting upper deck you are a long way down to the concessions.

+1. Great venue to watch pro FB, but I could not believe how some of those design bottlenecks were not seen in the plans. First event I attended was the soccer match...Men's biffy closest to my section had 7 stalls..seven. Line snaked out into the concourse right by one of those bottlenecks. It was a cluster. Took less time for me to go up two levels for the biffy than waiting at that one or finding another on that level.

+1. Great venue to watch pro FB, but I could not believe how some of those design bottlenecks were not seen in the plans. First event I attended was the soccer match...Men's biffy closest to my section had 7 stalls..seven. Line snaked out into the concourse right by one of those bottlenecks. It was a cluster. Took less time for me to go up two levels for the biffy than waiting at that one or finding another on that level.

That's what I dislike about Xcel at times, granted they're not going to have a lot of real estate but some bathrooms with like a couple stalls are the closest bathroom for like 4 sections......

I like TCF's massive bathrooms.

Blame Michele Kelm-Helgen. NEVER let a woman oversee the engineering of a men's bathroom. :mad:

Blame Michele Kelm-Helgen. NEVER let a woman oversee the engineering of a men's bathroom. :mad:

The designing of the bathrooms really should be a gender specific thing, each group gets their own designer.

That's what I dislike about Xcel at times, granted they're not going to have a lot of real estate but some bathrooms with like a couple stalls are the closest bathroom for like 4 sections......

I like TCF's massive bathrooms.

Yeah, my first experience at the X was on the Club level. Overabundance of bathrooms...remember thinking how weird it was to be the only person in the bathroom each time I used it.

Have to say that the architects and designers of TCF came about as close to nailing it as I've seen in a college FB stadium. Wide concourse, excellent site lines, just a great environment all around and a very timeless look and feel.

Yeah, my first experience at the X was on the Club level. Overabundance of bathrooms...remember thinking how weird it was to be the only person in the bathroom each time I used it.

Have to say that the architects and designers of TCF came about as close to nailing it as I've seen in a college FB stadium. Wide concourse, excellent site lines, just a great environment all around and a very timeless look and feel.

Yeah it really worked out well.

Due to my location I can actually jump up, run to the bathroom, do what I gotta do and get back between plays.... amazing.

"George Bernard Shaw, speaking as an Irishman, summed up an approach to life, 'Other people, he said, see things and say why? But I dream things that never were and I say, why not?"...John F. Kennedy in 1963 (June 28th), during his visit to Ireland, in his address to the Irish Dail (Government)

The designing of the bathrooms really should be a gender specific thing, each group gets their own designer.
Pick your bathroom, go in and find a stall. Gender neutral the hell out of those bathrooms. [emoji41]

Can we get the guy in here again who said they somehow didn't actually build the stadium for expansion? / he claimed to have seen some sort of architectural data that indicated that?

That was a fun discussion.

I'll do you one better and give the opposite.TCF3rdLevel2.jpgTCF3rdLevel.jpg

Only if it is sustainable. I don't want us to look like Purdue football and only be 30% full on tv. Its been a long time since Drew Brees played there. Boilermakers took out 12,000 seats and it still looks bad.

I've never read a more logical set of responses on Gopherhole. You're all on or off something!

It would make more sense to add a club room and perhaps a restaurant and some brew pubs or party deck and say 15,000 more seats. This seems to be what the fans want whether it be pro or college.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was sharing his vision for HIS and the State's program. He's trying to get people excited about the team, maybe people that haven't really paid much attention in the past. You can't expect different results from a coach if he just comes in and does the same thing others have done. He's trying, and he's trying the only way he knows how, which is to be himself.

Pretty sweet when you say it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom