Gopher Sports: Wagner Recaps Season, Looks Ahead

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/032917aaa.html

GS: Compared to what you expected, how did the leadership part go?

CW: It was hard at first because I was never in a leadership role like that. It was always Rachel, Shayne and Bails. It was my first year to step up as an upperclassman. I was really nervous at first. Once I got to know my teammates, they were great listeners and took advice so well. That made my job a lot easier as a leader, knowing that they were going to listen to me and work hard

GS: What have you been working on since getting back in the gym following spring break?

CW: Fundamentals. Working on the small things that help people win. Ballhandling. Shooting form. Reading screens. Staying low. Stuff like that so when the next season starts we’re ready to roll and our fundamentals are sound.

GS: What’s the story with the shirts the team is wearing to workouts?

CW: Our workout uniforms have “March” across the chest as a reminder of where we want to be next year, not just to be playing in March, but to be dancing in March. That’s our goal. Getting to the Big Ten Championship, too. Everything in March is what we work for all year. We’re keeping our eyes on the prize and seeing March every day to remind us what we’re fighting for next year

Actually Stollings has to stop playing her 40 minutes a game and give her more breaks to rest her and keep her fresh. Maybe Pitts can help with that. Stollings has to be willing to play more girls, something she hasn't shown yet. Maybe Gonzalez can help at point and Kaposi at the 4 as well!!

Actually Stollings has to stop playing her 40 minutes a game and give her more breaks to rest her and keep her fresh. Maybe Pitts can help with that. Stollings has to be willing to play more girls, something she hasn't shown yet. Maybe Gonzalez can help at point and Kaposi at the 4 as well!!

Wagner did seem to wear down as the season wore on and she did not have her shooting legs. You are 100% correct she needs some well timed breaks.

Top Bottom