All things 23 years of fake classes thread.

balds

Reaction score
During the broadcast tonight, they at least admitted that NC was the subject of an investigation. Kind of a jab at the NCAA stating that it's two years old and no resolution. I'm Shocked that they even brought it up.

I was surprised they brought it up as well but glad they did.

As they did, all I could think about is if the NCAA ever does drop the hammer that Ol' Roy will put the "aw shucks" folksy voice on and will say over and over how its unfair that kids who weren't part of the situation are being punished.

Go Gophers!!

Bullseye. Can't "hurt" the kids.

As they did, all I could think about is if the NCAA ever does drop the hammer that Ol' Roy will put the "aw shucks" folksy voice on and will say over and over how its unfair that kids who weren't part of the situation are being punished.

Go Gophers!!

Fine, Roy; then let these kids graduate before you lay the lumber on the program. See who wants to sign up for that from this point forward.

They still found a way to try to make UNC good by emphasizing that they have been cooperating with the NCAA. That's great, but shouldn't change a whole lot.

Go Gophers!!

Fine, Roy; then let these kids graduate before they lay the lumber on the program. See who wants to sign up for that from this point forward.

When I was in high school, two teams captured my heart, Jamal Mashburn's 92 Kentucky Wildcats and Eric Montross, Dante Calabria and Donald Williams of the 93 TarHeels. I've been a fan of both schools ever since. I know UNC is dirty, I know their success is tainted. I'm just going to sit here with my head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. Works for the NCAA.

I have nothing to add to this conversation. I'm just here because I love the title of this thread

They still found a way to try to make UNC good by emphasizing that they have been cooperating with the NCAA. That's great, but shouldn't change a whole lot.

And did you know that Luke Maye was in his 8:00 class Monday morning after making the game winner! By golly, that proves Ol' Roy does things right.

I don't understand why the players involved with these classes are not ineligible. Who cares who knew about the illegal classes. They should still be ineligible

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I don't understand why the players involved with these classes are not ineligible. Who cares who knew about the illegal classes. They should still be ineligible

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Touche. Ineligible players, no matter how, means vacated games. Any game with someone who took a fraudulent class is vacated. Period. I just don't see how they get around it. If any of those guys got degrees, they need to be revoked too.

NC is too big to fail, so they are getting bailed out.

This is simply staggering: 18 years of fake classes, 3100 students, roughly half of them being athletes. 1,550 plus student athletes participated in fake classes and zero punishment has been meted out. Forget athletics, 1550 or so regular students took a class that didn't exist. Are there no accreditation issues with this?

Was UNC genius in allowing non-athletes to take the fake classes, allowing them to claim that the classes weren't biased towards athletics? Should Clem have had Ganglehoff write ~15 papers for random students so he could have claimed the same?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

This is simply staggering: 18 years of fake classes, 3100 students, roughly half of them being athletes. 1,550 plus student athletes participated in fake classes and zero punishment has been meted out. Forget athletics, 1550 or so regular students took a class that didn't exist. Are there no accreditation issues with this?

Was UNC genius in allowing non-athletes to take the fake classes, allowing them to claim that the classes weren't biased towards athletics? Should Clem have had Ganglehoff write ~15 papers for random students so he could have claimed the same?
Believe it or not that is one of UNC arguments. That this is an accreditation issue and not the ncaa's business. Amazing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Believe it or not that is one of UNC arguments. That this is an accreditation issue and not the ncaa's business. Amazing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's true; you can't make this stuff up. Soooo...what are they telling the accreditation people?

In 2013, UNC hired a new chancellor with a heavy academic background (as opposed to fundraising), Carol Folt, previously provost (chief academic officer) of Dartmouth College. She was tasked with cleaning up the mess with the accreditation problems, which could have been devastating to a major state university. In June 2015, UNC was put on academic probation by its accreditation agency, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, " for failing to comply with some SACS-COC principles, including integrity, program content, control of intercollegiate athletics, academic support services and academic freedom." The academic probation was lifted a year later, in June 2016, so Folt successfully navigated the fake class scandal from a strictly academic point of view. There are dozens of articles available online chronicling this situation. Here is one of them. http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2016/06/unc-maintains-accreditation-after-scandal

Another year of college BB and another year of accolades for UNC.

Nearly 2 decades of academic fraud and no punishment. Just Nat titles.

Level playing field indeed.

Blue blood schools don't have the same standards as every other school. It's pretty easy to understand.

Blue blood schools don't have the same standards as every other school. It's pretty easy to understand.

Some folks here on gh believe the standards are the same for all schools competing for the same title. Might be easy for you and I to understand however others not so much.

Top Bottom